Feeling like a royal on this WOE

The canned fish is good to have at hand. I’m not sure I could eat raw eggs, but who knows how I’ll change on this WOE, my palate and preferences have certainly changed. As to the cheese, it was 3 small blocks, but having eaten 2 I discarded the last one, it doesn’t make my body sing. I’m sure with raw grassfed cheese and raw grassfed butter it would be different. Maybe one time in the future I’ll learn to make this myself from the raw milk.

Organs are typically quite cheap, at least here. I buy beef liver for a fragment of the price of the cheapest beef… It’s the cheapest item, by far, on farm price lists too.
Any organ meat is cheaper here than any normal meat except certain chicken parts on sale as far as I know.

Meanwhile Alvaro’s roasted pork loin got ready and the sun shined…

Taste wise it’s like normal pork from the supermarket. Way too lean for me… But I have my pork shoulder.

Well I can’t afford buying not cheap food as even cheap food is barely affordable to me. But fortunately, quality doesn’t always mean it’s more expensive. The very good beef farm has the same prices as supermarkets. The pig farm has higher ones but not by much. I don’t think there is a significant difference (and if there is, it can go either direction, things got crazy with high inflation) between common or good eggs. And we still don’t need to choose the totally cheapest food as long as our spending goes mostly on food.
(And I am aware I do it so wrong as everyone talk about protein being expensive and I overeat it but I couldn’t manage to avoid it yet. I will now I think. I push my fasting more than before.)

I never ate a steak. Maybe later in 2023 :slight_smile:

No idea how much a box of icecream is, it’s not an amount to me but I stopped eating those about 13 years ago. Why people talk about them so often, it’s not like it’s not super easy to make better ones on keto or is it just me? :smiley:
Sweets are ridiculously easy and good on keto, I rarely got tempted. Bread, on the other hand, or potatoes, they are impossible to replace with something similar. Not like it’s a problem at all, we don’t need to eat something strikingly similar to what we ate as a kid or a younger adult. I am glad those times are behind me though some items feel nostalgic. So I eat them when the fancy hits. But I am me, with my own circumstances and changes, of course it’s not that easy for everyone, not like it’s easy for me, there is a reason I can’t stick to keto longer term. But even that isn’t a problem for me. Occasional carbier days? My body handles them well. I just shouldn’t go overboard AND shouldn’t eat something I don’t even want and don’t enjoy. But my biggest problem is my keto days, they aren’t good enough. Too big eating window and overeating. I will focus on solving this problem this month.

Hi Shinita, I have no desire for such foods, but my kids like them. And my SO occasionally eats them, though he’s cut down on sugar and processed food. But having the cupboards full of bread, chocolate, biscuits etc, doesn’t bother me at all. I just don’t want them. All my body appears to want is animal meat, raw milk, eggs, butter, I have my little bit of honey in the morning and I’m good. But I will see how my body does with the organ meats, and a bit of fruit as well. First day without coffee coming to an end and I’m feeling … well, tired. But that’s to be expected, I expected some withdrawal symptoms. As it’s an addiction. But I’ve come to realise that starting now when it is my boys’ midterm, we’ve lots of activities planned out, now is not the time to quit on my friend caffeine, perhaps it kept me more awake than I thought after all, as I’ve certainly felt like a zombie throughout the day.

You took to this stricter keto style that you do since the beginning (differently but always quite strict compared to many other newbie’s keto) like duck to water… I am good now, well very often I am… But it took me several years. I could look at several food groups and see no food for most of the time right away but I always had my weaknesses, some came back… It was easy not to eat bread when I didn’t bake. Usually easy even when I did. Just not always.
My SO simply quit added sugar with me ages ago so we don’t have it and I got desensitized to food always being at home… But I needed lots of training to arrive to where I am now and there is huge room for improvement still. But it’s usually fine.

I felt the need for a comforting, maybe-helps-with-headache coffee but I lasted until almost 8pm, it’s something. It was a hard day, I got bored of almost all my carni food, especially meat surprisingly quickly. I don’t even understand… Thanks to my variety (and mostly eggs. I can eat eggs even when I have egg aversion, just less and in more creative ways), I am okay. The problem came when I almost only had pork loin left as meat. And I can’t stomach that lean stuff easily. Just a bit.

I never quit caffeine, I can’t even imagine drinking only water. I just wish to consume very little coffee. Not all the time, without reason. If it’s justifiable and occasional, that’s fine for me.

I disagree with my former statement that coffee is not beneficial. The amount of enjoyment I got from it, and the lovely smell I enjoy from my French Blend, is beneficial. Whether it does my body good or not. As to our tastes and preferences changing, that happened with me, with chicken and pork, even though I loved to eat them in the beginning. In the beginning I ate beef more sparingly, but now I want it all the time. And the pasture eggs. I eat my two meals a day, the first eggs and ground beef, the second ground beef turned into patties. I’m happy with that for now. I drink two small glasses of raw milk a day, I eat lumps of my Kerry Gold butter the way someone might enjoy ice-cream, and I enjoy my raw honey in the morning before my morning walk. I’ll be adding a bit of fruit to that morning routine, and see if it provides me with more energy for my walks. When I come back from the walk I’ll have my first glass of raw milk. Then wait an hour, then have a coffee, then wait an hour, then have my first meal. Ground beef and eggs. Wait an hour, then have another coffee. I usually go hours until later in the afternoon before I have my second meal when I make the beef patties and grill them. At about 16:00-17:00pm I tend to stop eating till the next day, so I do a bit of IF in that sense, but it’s not intentional, I’m usually just full after that second meal. But I tend to count my couple coffees with the raw milk, as treats/desserts, and my lumps of KerryGold butter is a snack. Currently I really love my WOE, but I would love to get my hands on all kinds of exciting meat, wild game, on my birthday I definitely will, I’ll try the venison I think. I think it is my love of simplicity and pleasant habits that is making this a very simple WOE. Even with that simplicity, I still have the freedom to tweak. It is a journey, but then life is. But one must feel good about food I’ve learned, to simply eat things for energy (like I did in the past) and making poor choices that makes the body feel bad (anything containing gluten in my case) is just not worth it. We want that silent thank you from our bodies when we eat.

Yep, mental health are part of health too, I always say :smiley: I consider coffee mostly harmless - but I truly overdid it at some point and that wasn’t mentally fully healthy…

I looked up mango, still no idea how big is one normally but it will be very much sugar and at once, you plan you eat it before a walk, it seems a better time for it. But won’t it be too sweet for you? Maybe not due to the tartness (though it’s more like sweet than tart), amounts matter there, I experienced that… Just wondering. I have problems with very sweet fruits. You eat honey but a tiny amount only…

Did you never get hungry from fruit? My SO and I both had that, some fruit and immediate strong hunger even if I would have been satiated for 6 more hours. It probably got way softer after fat adaptation though… I don’t really try to eat a bigger amount of fruit in the morning so I don’t know. A tiny little amount never was a problem for me.

Wow you have a complete schedule? I am totally different, I couldn’t stick to a plan if my life depended on it or maybe just then. I like flexibility. I am extreme at this, I shot a photo of my tray… And manage to eat something else (partially). Coffees are definitely not scheduled at all but they don’t stimulate me either.

Many people say they consider food just fuel. I never will be like that. We need to eat anyway, of course I make it into a major joy source… But it always was one for me. I ate what I liked, not completely as a kid but I had a big amount of freedom and I was pretty stubborn.

Hi Shinita, fruit doesn’t make me hungry no, at least not from what I remember. It’s been 6 months since I ate it. What I remember is it provided energy. The raw honey I eat in the morning works more as an appetite-suppressant for me. It’s also a nice way to wake up. The raw milk is so filling a small glass and a half I consider a meal in itself. The mangoes are not too large, each a lovely size, I have 2, sitting on my kitchen counter waiting to ripen, they will last a week, at a quarter mango sized portion daily. Whether it will give me energy or benefits, remains to be seen. I’m fairly certain I’m still in ketosis still as I experience no hunger. I eat two substantial meals a day, and then there’s the raw milk, and the coffees with raw milk and small plate of KerryGold butter lumps, all of which I consider small meals/treats/snacks/desserts.

I 100% agree with you Shinita that there are mental health benefits to consider as well as physical regarding enjoyment of our food/drink, such as with the coffee. Man that cup of coffee this morning tasted good!:coffee::grin:

People and their filling meals… :slight_smile: To me, 130-170g protein and the same amount of fat is a satiating meal… Though I often eat smaller ones too. But I get hungry very soon then. Sugar is more like negative energy feelings wise, obviously it IS energy and my body uses it up. People are wonderfully different.

I had a coffee when I had a headache today (not like it helps with it as it used to but I still have this instinct and at least I have something lovely… I don’t think I am a comfort eater or drinker but it still makes things a bit better) but it’s weekend when I need to be more indulgent, apparently. And I do wonderful at waiting with my first meal… I probably won’t have coffee until next weekend and that’s good enough.

I think I stop eating the supermarket ham for a while. It lost some of my appreciation since I tasted the farm smoked ribs. I will eat that today :slight_smile:

(J) #29

Yes, I think I eat like a king at near every meal, and I give thanks to the Lord Who provides it, in His kindness, and I hope always to make a good use of the provision, in service to others and Him, accordingly.

Hi Shinita, my two meals are substantial so very filling. The other much smaller meals - coffees, plate of butter, glass of raw milk - gives me satiety too, but perhaps because they work as both treats and appetite-suppressants? As to the schedule, I like making a schedule out of pleasant habits, but am still flexible with meal times. Today we enjoyed a lovely family walk in a truly stunning place so thought I’d share a few photos. They’re not very good or even interesting, they don’t at all capture the beauty of the place.

It’s because you work with tiny meals. There are many such people.
My SO can’t eat tiny meals as they make him super hungry. If he can’t have a big meal, he fast. I can handle tiny bites but then I need to eat a proper meal. It’s an individual thing :slight_smile: We need bigger meals.

Oh, lovely photos of a beautiful place! :smiley: They make me think of things nearby so I look at the photos and actually see much more with my mind’s eyes… I plan to make photos myself but keep forgetting to bring the camera. The trees finally started to get green!