Feeling Bad On OMAD

omad

(Ovidiu Drobotă) #1

Hello everyone.

I eat one meal a day and I started to feel really bad. I have hypertension sometimes and it seems like my heart is failing.

Sometimes I have no energy.

Sometimes I’m dizzy.

Sometimes my heart is beating fast.

I eat 200 grams of butter; 500 grams of meat; 400 grams of grilled onions and 100 grams of
cooked garlic.

That’s my meal every single day.

What am I doing wrong here?

Can someone tell me a proper diet and the quantity of it (in grams)?

Thank you.

How Many Calories Should I Eat On A Keto OMAD?
(Carl Keller) #2

Make sure you are getting 2+ teaspoons of salt over the course of your day. When we restrict carbs, we don’t retain sodium like we used to and it’s important to replace these losses or we experience “keto flu”.

Foods rich in magnesium and potassium should help this out. Avocados, leafy greens and some low carb nuts might help you here. I’ve taken magnesium citrate, 250 mg, and it seemed to improve my rapid heart rate but you are always better off getting your vitamins and minerals from real food.

There’s a lot of things wrong with this if you are trying to be low carb and healthy.

1. It’s 3050 calories, 74 carbs. That’s a lot of food at one time and if you aim to be in ketosis, you need to be under 40-50 carbs per day for some people, even lower is needed for others. Most recommend 20 carbs per day here in the forum for best results.

2. The onions have a lot of natural sugars in them and should be eaten moderately. You are getting nearly 34 carbs per day from those. The garlic is almost as bad @ 31 carbs.

3. Eating the same thing every day gets boring and it doesn’t allow you to get a variety of minerals and vitamins. The only nutrients you come close to getting enough of from this meal are Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Phosphorous. There’s about 2 dozen nutrients that your body is lacking.

I recommend eating one to two meals a day featuring a fatty protein and a cup or two of buttered vegetables or an occasional salad. It important to pick low carb vegetables and make sure you are not stuffing yourself or letting yourself be hungry for too long.

Here’s some tools that might help you along:

(Shasta) #3

curious, are you trying to eat Keto? I’m not a mathematician but guesstimating that’s 70 grams a carb which for any flavor of keto is typically too many. Typically you want to stay somewhere between 20 and 50. If you don’t use a macro calculator, i’d suggest you find one. just google free macro calculator. There are plenty of free ones. As far as the health symptoms … check with your doctor. You could be over or under medicating the bp issue.
There are also plenty of websites you can research how to plan keto omad meals depending on your goals. again, google is your friend. everyONE is unique and imho needs to figure out what works for them. that’s just my 2 cents. good luck.

oh and the same exact meal every day unless you’re highly supplementing will rob you of vital vitamin and minerals. not to mention make it nearly impossible to do for long. again that’s just my imho…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

There are more than this, any leafy green is fine also. Mix it up, eat TMAD :cowboy_hat_face:

(Bunny) #5

”Takes 72 hours to burn through sugar?”

Vitamin B-5:

[1] Food sources for Vitamin B-5

Almost sounds like your eating too much protein and fat per meal to initiate ketosis (preventing gluconeogenesis from occurring) and letting your blood sugars bottom out?

70% of calories should come from fat but it looks like your going way over that amount?

References:

[1] Calories and Fat: Raw onions have 46 calories per cup, most of which come from carbohydrates, and are virtually fat free, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Nutrient Database. Onions grilled or sautéed with oil have 115 calories per cup, with the difference in calories supplied by fat calories. If you are limiting your fat intake, you must factor in the 9.4 grams of fat that the cooked onions have. …More

Try counting your protein in ounces; around 4 to 5 ounces of protein is usually sufficient for any human beings per meal (to initiate ketosis)?

I would drop the whole OMAD ideation and just eat when you are hungry? (…in other words your not ready for OMAD yet?)

Resources:

1. Feel Dizzy When You Stand Up?
  1. Lightheaded on Keto & Intermittent Fasting?
  1. Causes of Dizziness and Vertigo?
  1. Three main causes of dizziness?

i.e. If your feeling dizzy it probably means it’s time to eat, your barely going into ketosis or phasing in and out because your eating too much fat and protein at once including the grilled onions and garlic?