Feb 2018 Weight Maintenance check-in thread

(Karen Parrott) #1

6 years of long term weight maintenance

40 prior years of overweight, obesity, morbid obesity.

69.8 pounds maintained. 37% of my body weight. Age 51, 5’1", 4 years in menopause, 20 years post Hashimoto’s disease.

BOOM y’all

(KCKO, KCFO) #2

The 5/3 at the bottom had me scratching my head at first, I assume that is for May 3, on different years?

But it is an awesome graph of your hard won successes. Is not just about the weight, lots of other changes come along with this kind of success. Thank you so much for sharing your Journey with us, you are inspiring to me and I think many others as well.

(Karen Parrott) #3

Yes, May 3rd, 2011 is when I got food sober and started losing weight. I got to goal weight 2/3/2012. So six years ago!!!

(Pete A) #4

(Pete A) #5

That’s a lot of weight to lose! For me my 50s are much better being lighter.

Congrats!

Awesome :clap:t2: :clap:t2::clap:t2: And very inspiring!

Congrats Karen and Pete!! We all love to see results like that! :grinning:

My blood sugars and weight have been stable another month. Sometimes it is good to be boring. :smirk:

Was increasing my protein a little with the increased lifting; but didn’t feel like it did me any good.

Gonna cut back on the protein a little and see how it goes.

Hope February treats the rest of the Maintainers well!

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

Where are the Maintenance Crew???

Here is something to plan for Valentine’s Day is coming right up. What are you planning for your Valentine?

My Valentine is getting cheese fondue. Dippers will be cubed ham, cauliflower flowerettes, broccoli, Keto bread cut into cubes and a few slices of fresh apple. Dessert is chocolate yogurt with berries for dipping. And Champers to drink. We did this last year and his BS numbers were fine afterwards so we will make this our traditional meal now. Cheese fondue has been a favorite of his forever, so I had to figure out what to use for dipping beside the French bread cubes.

(Karen Parrott) #9

Regular old day for me. I’m attending a ladies “tea” where it’s in my fasting time so I’ll just be drinking water. LOL. Visiting with my friends will be fun.

I STILL have binge flashbacks about certain Valentine’s day candy, so I avoid this holiday, pretty much. Glad to have a crisp clear, non binge brain.

(KCKO, KCFO) #10

Valentine’s day went as planned. Didn’t add or subtract anything. He did fine, I bounced up for the first time in a while. but had started Zornfest right after the meal anyway. So I quickly dropped 2.5 lbs. to be back safely in my maintenance range. I allow myself 3 lbs over my goal because you can not really trust a scale.

Karen hope your tea with the ladies was a fun time for all.

V1ncentt, how is your weight lifting coming along? Are you still stable with BS and weight?

Pete, life is always better when you lighten yourself up. I noticed today how much easier it is to do a self pedicure without rolls of fat on my belly :roll_eyes:

I’m doing the Zornfast, is anyone else currently fasting, in the group or individually? I am trying to keep myself to just water & salt for as long as I can. I started fasting after dinner on Wed. and have only had coffee w/hwc once since then. Trying to see if I can get some autophagy action going.

Happy Friday everyone, enjoy your weekend.

This month is going well. I definitely have seen some improvement in my ketone levels and BS after adding the lifting and some cardio. Because of that I have added back some vegetables to my diet- and haven’t noticed any problems. It’s always nice to be able to expand our diet choices- right? Its funny- I feel like I’ve seen a lot of people post pics of Brussel Sprouts- so when we went out to dinner last night- I had to try them. They tasted awesome- lol! My weight is stable. Looking forward to a lab draw I have with my doctor at the end of March. I am not ready for fasting yet- but i occasionally watch to see what the others are doing. Good luck on the Zornfast and have a good weekend, too!

(KCKO, KCFO) #12

Ahhh, another Brussel sprouts convert. Do them at home roasted, olive oil with bacon bits, if going slightly higher carb add some thin slices of onion, if not, then onion and garlic powder/granules, so very satisfying on so many levels.

Congrats on the progress in fitness.

(KCKO, KCFO) #13

Hey Maintenance Crew! How is it going for everyone? Did you get through Valentine and President’s Day ok?

My group fast went pretty good. I did break it half way through, did a quick refeed with lots of great fats, then went into fasting again. Combined I fasted for 88 hrs. which is a good amount of time for me. My longest was 108 and I was only going for 90 hrs. anyway. I’m sitting in my 3 lb. range after refeeding since it ended on Sunday, so I’m good.

(Karen Parrott) #14

Hello! Doing well, slowly have lost about one pound this month. I’m 1 pound away from my BEST weight maintenance range. I do feel better, for sure. Fasting 18:6 now, regularly.

I’m also tracking my food intake on MFP. My obesity really, really wants to come back. I won’t let it. Stressful month for me at work, but my binge urges are minimum right now. If I sense one, I use my tools- reading, hot water or tea, reality TV (don’t judge) or a fast computer game. Sleep if it’s time to go to bed.

Graph on the Feb 2018 wrap up! KCKO