Feasting-mimicking diet for carnivores

(Jack Bennett) #1

Interesting and fairly technical article about the carnivore variant of the “feasting-mimicking diet”.

OXtoberFest ZC Challenge
(Bob M) #2

I’m not dong carnivore, but I’ve tried adding suet to my meals. It doesn’t do a lot. For me, unless I eat a ton of suet, as in almost having a meal of just suet, it doesn’t blunt my hunger much or at all.

Brad also can drink alcohol and not get hungry. If I drink any alcohol (red wine, gin, doesn’t matter), I get hungry. Always. In fact, I’ll have a “white russian”, made with cream, and have to eat after having it. Red wine is the same.

I want to read this. So I’ll make a post here to track it down again. Just have some chores need doing first.

(Polly) #4

Thanks will look at this with interest.

(Alex ) #5

I find that quite interesting, if I use suet / lard to fry meat in, make omelettes whatever, the sheer heavy oily consistency and taste totally blunts off my hunger.

(Bob M) #6

I tested Brad’s theory, eating a ton of saturated fat. At some point, I’ll put my N=1 results up.

If I ate a TON of saturated fat, I could get a good satiety effect, as in I was not hungry at all 8+ hours later. However, if I didn’t get enough saturated fat, I was still hungry.

The same happens with me with suet. If I eat smaller amounts of it, I get no effect (that I can tell, anyway). I haven’t tried eating enough to get an effect, because then I’d be eating nothing but suet.

And I gained 15+ pounds, and ALL of it in my belly. Exactly the opposite of what Brad said would happen.

And I was in a Twitter conversation with other people who gained weight using Brad’s techniques. We were all male, all had been doing low carb/keto for a long time (I’m coming up on 7 years), and the theory was maybe we already had low PUFA content in our fat cells, so the blunting effect of saturated fat didn’t work.

(Bob M) #7

I opened a thread in the N=1 part about my test of Brad’s high saturated fat theory.

Let me see if this works:

Bob’s critique