Favorite apps?

apps

(Susan) #1

Have used Map My Ride for some time & used to really like it, just wondering if there may be another one that’s better for walking and hiking (don’t ride the bike as much anymore). Any favorites? My phone is an old iPhone - 4S.

(Allie) #2

Strava is good

(ianrobo) #3

Strava is no question the number one but the garmin app is not too bad now at all. Training Peaks was good if you brought their premium service.

(Khara) #4

When I was running I used Runtastic. I liked it pretty well. I had family recommend Strava as well but unfortunately that was after I’d used Runtastic a lot and had a history and a bunch of routes saved and didn’t want to lose it all by switching.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #5

When I hike, I do this thing where I leave absolutely everything electronic in the car except my camera. Works like a charm.

Wait a minute, I do that everywhere.

(Susan) #6

Ha – too funny. Some of us do get too attached to our devices… I can remember the days before smartphones, what a difference 10 years makes. Have to remind myself that just because the app failed to work (or I forgot to use it, lol) doesn’t mean I didn’t exercise!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #7

A big reason I quit going to gyms was that every room in those places now has either music or a television playing nonstop, sometimes simultaneously. No, I don’t want to wear headphones and listen to my own music, I want to listen to my own body.

(Jeremy Storie) #8

There’s nothing better than being alone in the woods

(Stickin' with mammoth) #9

…woods, desert, mountain, beach, meadow, island, snowstorm, lake, marsh…