Fatty liver disease

Did anyone catch episode 239 of the Tim Ferriss podcast “How to Reverse Aging with Art De Vany”? A lot of interesting stuff on nutrition and fitness, but at one point he claims that chronically overeating fat will inevitably cause fatty liver disease. Are there any good studies to refute this? (I know there are bad ones to support it).

(Bart) #2

I listened to it, and he also mentioned how the body will burn carbs first for energy. So, if you are a carb burner and eating a lot of fat it probably will cause fatty liver. Mr. De Vany never talked about being in ketosis, he did mention lower carbs but not ketosis. Heck one of his go to breakfast items was melon. I would not worry much about it. Dr. Adam Nally talks about seeing fatty liver disappear on LCHF, Dr. Nally is a MD and not a Hollywood statistician who likes to work out.

I recommend googling “does dietary fat cause fatty liver disease” and then start reading, read many and look for the studies that are referenced in the plethora of articles and read those too. You should find what you are looking for.

(Richard Morris) #3

I found one 10 year old study in 5 patients

Brilliant.

Thanks, Bart and Richard, for the replies and study reference.