Fats and Keto tea

(Brenna) #1

So I understand the idea behind keto tea. I’m still dubious on the amounts.

I’m not doing MCT oil. But I’m curious about the debate between oils and butter and creams. Which one to use and why.

Ideas please?

(Lonnie Hedley) #2

Heavy whipping cream. Low carb high fat.

Grass fed butter. Grass fed butter nutrition is notably higher in many nutrients than butter from cows that are fed grain-based diets. Studies have shown that the milk from grass fed cows is significantly richer in fatty acids and fat-soluble vitamins

EVOO and ghee for cooking.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

I would add organic extra virgin coconut oil as a cooking oil and reserve EVOO for cold use or low temperature sautés as the nutrition in EVOO is damaged by high heat. Although you can’t make decent Italian food with coconut oil. I have never used MCT oil but those medium chain triglycerides are in regular coconut oil, that’s where the MCT’s come from anyway and good coconut oil is inexpensive while MCT oil is not. But some swear by it for instant energy and mental clarity like Thomas Delauer, a fitness and keto guru for many.

(Omar) #4

I am not sure if I can call it a debate. it is maybe individual. that is why it is better if you experement.

I did not have much luck with coconut oil, butter or creme.

I had better luck with ghee specially goat ghee.

(Brenna) #5

Its just dawned on me that I"m using the wrong type of creme in my tea. oh boy. I was using half n half. I’ll buy heavy whipping cream from now on and see how that goes. I also added one teaspoon of coconut oil. I’ll see how it goes. I don’t usually do well with oils in my tea.

I’m going to try cream or butter here soon.

(Lonnie Hedley) #6

I inadvertently assumed “not using MCT” meant the OP didn’t want to use any coconut oil which is why I mentioned EVOO for cooking. I agree coconut oil would be better for high heat than EVOO.

(Brenna) #7

MCT oil messes with my tummy no matter how often I’ve been taking it.

coconut oil doesn’t bother me soooo much, but I prefer cooking with it or using it in a keto fat bomb.

(Lonnie Hedley) #8

It’s not for everybody, and 100% not required.