🏃‍♀️ Fatmax - Maximal Fat Oxidation

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #1

This article is aimed at athletes but the discussion has equal relevance to the rest of us as well. It describes how fat metabolizes and the ways to maximize fat burn.

My question/challenge: What do you think? Is there a beneficial takeaway for us ordinary folks eating keto, who are not endurance athletes, and if so how can we realize any benefits? To borrow a phrase, maybe it’s as simple as:

keto

:running_man: :running_woman: :dancer: :man_dancing: :person_climbing: :person_fencing: :golfing_man: :surfing_man: :rowing_man: :swimming_man: :biking_man: :man_cartwheeling: :woman_playing_handball:

Gluconeogenesis responsiveness
(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

The FASTER study reference in both articles above.

32%20PM

Oh, my bad. I thought this thread was about Stanley Tools. :slight_smile:

huh, what? how? how did you go there LOL???

Click the link and find out.

oh, ok, no I wont cause I wont click this kind of link but I hear you loud and clear tho !! :slight_smile: cool

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #7

These two links were posted by @Corals in another topic, but they are relevant here since they address the VOmax issue. They represent contra studies. I may have more to say after a more thorough reading, but for now I include only my initial thoughts on each.

1. Purports to be a systematic review of the evidence. Yet, they did not include Volek’s FASTER study. Off hand, my guess is they excluded studies that failed to support their contention that LCHF offers no advantage. I may be wrong about this, but I’ll investigate further when I have time.
  1. I didn’t get past the first sentence of the Abstract: “We investigated the effects of adaptation to a ketogenic low carbohydrate (CHO), high fat diet (LCHF) during 3 weeks…” Well, I did. A sentence of two later, after admitting that LCHF increases fat oxidation, they claim that increased VOmax is some sort of detriment, by making the exercise more demanding of oxygen. At this point, I’m not much inclined to continue reading this. But I may when I have time.