Fathead Pizza Problems

(Kristin) #1

I made fathead pizza tonight, following this recipe:

It looked and tasted great:

Here’s the problem: It stuck to the wax paper.

What do I need to do different? I waited for the pizza to cool some before cutting it and trying to eat it. Maybe I didn’t let it cool enough? Maybe I needed to let the crust cool before adding the toppings and then putting it back into the oven?

Anyone have some advice?

(Bob M) #2

I don’t think you used wax paper, use parchment instead.

(Kristin) #3

Oops. My husband thought they were one in the same. He Googled it and and found they have different coatings.

If it makes you feel any better I see this happen a lot - it’s like a rite of passage :smiley:

(Kristin) #5

Lol! Thanks. We ate it anyway. We had to claw it off the paper like animals. Our choice of toppings and seasoning was perfect, though. I guess that’s half the battle.

That happens a lot too :rofl: You get bonus points for that!

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #7

cough took me awhile to figure out why my cheese crisps wouldn’t just slide off the plate like everyone elses…

It’s one of the few reasons to visit reddit - along with disaster pants stories :grin:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #9

Mmmmm…paraffin! My favorite new pizza addition. :yum::pizza::pizza::pizza:

(Billy Bob) #10

Yep, parchment paper or get a couple of nonstick silicone baking mats.

I got a set of 2 amazon silicone mats and I swear it was the best investment in cooking equipment I have made in years. We use them for absolutely everything. Cleanup is next to nothing and for fathead dough (rolling and cooking) they have been a game changer.