I was too busy tapping Beer Kegs
Before and after Class
My AA 101ā€¦Precursor for me
Just sayinšŸ™‚

Ya
I know lots of this Info familiar here for many
Just sharing

Still a great podcast!

" There is no Ancestral evidence of No vegan society prehistoric" - Bill Schindler

NUF SAIDšŸ˜‚

For Me
MY OPTIMAL HUMAN DIET
Iā€™m just sticking w eating Meat!:smile:

Enjoy

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

Thereā€™s more to it than simply processing. A diet high in carbs, no matter how processed or not, leads to bad outcomes. For example, in the below video Eades also discusses corn and makes a comparison between two different native tribes from Kentucky, one sedentary hunter/gatherer and the other sedentary farmer eating primarily corn. The physical and health deterioration of the farmers in comparison is stunning. He also discusses the diseases exhibited by the ancient Egyptians, many of which can be examined in detail by mummy autopsies. The Egyptians contracted all the so-called modern metabolic diseases that are rampant around the world today. They ate a lot of bread made from emmer wheat.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #3

PS Iā€™ll add this here rather than start a third consecutive comment. Schindler talks about ā€˜processingā€™ food as the hallmark of human nutrition that enables us to eat stuff that otherwise we would derive little or no nutrition eating. Generally, Iā€™d agree with that. I would only point out, though, that prior to the beginning of the so-called agricultural revolution the ā€˜processingā€™ was not much. I suspect the initial ā€˜processingā€™ was the use of sharpened stones to cut meat/fat off the dead animal, whether scavenged or hunted. That bit of processing probably dates back all the way to when we separated from our other primate relatives, likely 6+ million years ago. Although the earliest hard evidence for stone tools and meat eating is about 3.4 million years.

The next ā€˜processingā€™ began about 1.5-2 million years ago with the opportunistic and intermittent use of fire to prepare meat for eating. The first evidence of the systematic use of fire dates to about 1 million years but the consistent use of fire for cooking can be dated only to about 400-500 k years.

That was pretty much it until 12 k years ago when humans began to domesticate and selectively breed plants. Our agricultural ancestors then discovered various ways to ā€˜processā€™ different plants to get as much bad stuff out of them and as much nutrient content as they could. So aside from butchering and cooking, all food processing developed since we started eating lots of carbs.

My guess is that until the domestication of plants, the primary source of carbs for humans was partially digested stomach contents of the animals they scavenged or killed. Seasonally in some areas there were probably small amounts of berries and nuts. Opportunistically, in some regions honey was also available, which means that occasionally fermented honey (mead) was probably discovered in abandoned ā€˜honey treesā€™. Iā€™m sure at some point in time one of our more inquisitive and inventive ancestors wondered how to make that stuff instead of wandering around the forest for days on end searching for it.

(Bunny) #4

How is everything attributed to ā€œCornā€ ??? Agriculture ???

I could very well make the same assumption about animal proteins and be correct?

Thatā€™s why it is called a ā€œhypotheticalā€œ or ā€œtheoryā€

I could convince anybody of anything I wanted to based on an assumption and make it look correct when it is WRONGā€¦

Plant bad, meat, fat good dats why I gwat a tiny wittle bwainā€¦

Wish it were as clear cut as that, but corn is the healthiest food you can eat.

This is a good example of hysteria where we get confused and start blaming Whole Foods rather than processed carbohydrates?

Looking at the ancient process below for processing ā€œcornā€ creates extreme longevity and no health problems in human beings, what is even more interesting to me is the niacin part which contributes to longevity.

Nixtamalization: Lime and Wood Ash; Not only do ash and lime contain minerals, but mixed in water they create an alkaline solution that interacts chemically with corn. This frees up essential amino acids and niacin that would otherwise be locked in the grain. Nixtamalization also softens the corn, making it the easier to digest and process into flour.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #5

Why donā€™t you watch the video.

(Bunny) #6

I have about 10 times nowā€¦lol

I love Dr. Eades and I derive many factual, unfactual and useful information from his lectures, thatā€™s how we arrive at cross-validated facts, no paradox?

I give all sides of the argument a fair shake, Iā€™m not pro meat and Iā€™m not pro plant either, no biases?

People can hate you because you donā€™t ā€˜believeā€˜ what they ā€˜believe?ā€™

If everybody liked me, then something is wrong!

It is better be hated than academically oppressed!

(Bob M) #7

Except you wouldnā€™t be, and you wouldnā€™t have any evidence to back up your theory.

(Bob M) #8

Michael, I almost think you and I have to tag-team against this type of misinformation. Unfortunately, my time is sporadic: no power at home (almost a week now), and busy at work.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #9

And my time gets continually interrupted by Walmart. Drat! :roll_eyes: