FAT. By Gary Taubes

(Janet) #1

New Gary Taubes Long opinion piece in Canada’s Globe & Mail.

“Minimal carbs, lots of fat, incredible dieting results – but not enough science
To some, the word ‘fat’ conjures up a heart attack; to others, it may be the key to healthy living. The question is among the most important and controversial in all of medicine: Can a diet that has bacon at its centre, and shuns whole grains, actually be the key to a healthy waistline? Journalist Gary Taubes and a spate of doctors claim it is. So why won’t the medical community accept their findings? Continues…”

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

It’s an excellent article. Thanks for posting the link.

(VLC.MD) #3

Thanks @JEY100 - hopefully this article gets alot of exposure :smiley:

Admins may want to link to this post

(Janet) #5

I am new to this forum. Do members here post a new topic on a general list? Do the admins later move it to a category? With other forums I am on a new topic is posted in the right category to start, there is no open general. The home page has many unrelated topics going back for pages, I did not see it had already been posted. Sorry.

(Bacon for the Win) #6

great article, thank you.

(Alan Williamson) #7

Sugar is just empty calories. It has no fat in it so how can a person get fat eating sugar? /s

e94b3e2b9d0ad37d50fe46ce97ff92ba

No need to apologize at all. People seem to post in a category or tag if they think of it but not always.No one seems to take issue, everyone is very relax about that. It is a new article so it was perfectly reasonable to post it. In the past when I come across an old article of interest (a few months or years) I will do a search first to make sure there is not already a topic on it. It is an interesting article I was simply linking the discussion so those comments could be included. There is a way to merge the threads but it would require an administrator and it may not be worth it or they may be busy with the holidays

(Consensus is Politics) #9

One of the many beneficial side effects of Keto. A little less stressing over the small stuff. Sure, it could be merged with another thread. But why stress about it. It’s kinda like the Hawaiian way of living I think (having lived with a family from Hawaii, I learned a lot of it. Yes, I’m a haole ( pronounced howlie.))

(Janet) #10

Thank you for the help. And Mele Kalikimaka to you Robert. I married in Kauai 31 years ago and will use the spirit of aloha on this forum. :grinning:

(Ann Topping) #11

Thanks for posting this! I owe it all to Gary Taubes for opening my eyes to this WOE 2 years ago.

(Janet) #12

I feel the same way, except it was early 2010 after reading Good Calories, Bad Calories, the cancer chapter specifically. I put the book down at that point and started a Low Carb Diet.

Taubes has a website and many of his articles eventually get posted there. Also wrote a good op-ed jointly with Nina Teicholz recently in the LA Times.

(Marta Loftfield) #13

Thx for the post. Big Gary Taubes fan. Loved Why we get fat many years ago.