Fat Adaption.. almost there?

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #1

I just have a few questions regarding your experiences with becoming fat adapted.

I’m on Day 32, middle of my 5th week.
I don’t believe I had a lot of metabolic damage prior to this WOE so I don’t think it will take me too much more than a normal person to become adapted.

I definately feel my hunger dropping off.
I’ve had a BPC every day for the whole time, and lunch has steadily stretched from 12 to 1 to 2 to 3… and dinner too, and some nights I can’t even eat dinner. I know that I’m not getting enough food, but I’ve tried to live simply as to not overwhelm myself when I first started.
I’m eating roughly 1200 - 1600 calories a day, it changes daily.

Anyways, now I am finding myself much hungrier in the morning after my BPC, I can last it’s no big deal. I’m just wondering how hunger changes.

Which brings me to my questions;

When you ARE fat adapted, do you FEEL hungry? or is your body just happily munching on itself and that’s why you can go long periods without eating?
Did you drop your fat intake when you became fat adapted?
Did your hunger change as you approached fat adaption?
Did your weight loss pick up again as you became adapted?
If you use ketostix, did the results change at all? I’ve always had a trace reading up to 3mmol but it’s generally in trace a LOT. Im wondering when I can throw those things out lol.

I think I am in the popular stall stage, and I know there are internal processes at play so I’m not too worried about it. I’ve had a total loss of 14 pounds, with a total of another 31 pounds to lose, so not a great deal. I am hoping I get adapted soon because I really want to return to crossfit. I tried the other day and I had to return to no weights and couldn’t even run and finished 7 minutes later than everyone else. Lol.

(D) #2

When I felt I might be slowing down, I stopped adding MCT to my coffee and kept up my 45 minute lunch walk. The needle slowly started moving again.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #3

Side note; I realise now I am hungry because I basically fat fasted yesterday. I’ve done some research and apparently, ingesting high amounts of fat with a lack of carbs and protein can increase satiety levels.

(charlie3) #4

My experience is hunger signals can come and go without rhym or reason. I ususally have a couplee of hours of hunger btetween 9:30 to 11:30 Monday through Friday yet on Saturday, when I eat nothing it’s not unusual to have no hunger pangs. I think the most impoortant thing that’s changed for me is a much more muted reaction to hunger signals I’m used to them. May be that’s more than half the battle.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #5

It’s day 35. You haven’t been on keto long enough to really consider any pause in your scale movement a stall.

It goes in fits and starts. When you don’t see movement for six weeks, then it’s a stall. Maybe. And you should measure inches, because you can be recomposing without scale movement. Inches are better than pounds.

It may take a week or two of sucking at CrossFit before you get back to your previous performance, even when you are fat adapted. You have to build the ability to burn more fat on demand. It doesn’t happen all at once.