Fasting Study releases positive results

fasting

(Mark Rhodes) #21

Fung said 300% increase. This shows the opposite. The longer I fast the lower my GH.

Fung says “But our concern here is HGH. It starts at 0.73 and peaks at 9.86. That is a 1,250% increase in growth hormone. A shorter 5 day fast gives a 300% increase. All this HGH increases without drugs.”

But this is from a single white male in the 80s. Still its a position I can’t reconcile, hence my reluctance to join IDM as a coach on 2 seperate occaisions

(KM) #22

Yes, there is clearly the opposite of a peak during your fasts. If he’s claiming there’s a peak during the fast, your data definitely doesn’t support that.
My question is about the timing. When does he claim it peaks? It’s been a number of years since I’ve read his work or watched him, but I feel like he was very big on the content and quality of the refeed as the “magic time”. In other words that HGH was produced in abundance after / because of autophagy, not during it.

(Mark Rhodes) #23

72 hours according to the Kendrick study he references. Most of his early stuff has been scrubbed. Rather than say he got something wrong, he scrubbed it. Even this thing on DIet Doctor is nowhere near what he said originally.

As you can see I mainly tested at 96 hours fasted or a regular test. Thing is I steill repaired 7 herniated disks doing 5-10 days every 4-6 weeks for 18 months.

(KM) #24

So it works, just not the way Fung is postulating. Still good news!

(Bob M) #25

I’ve also found day 3 to be the best.