Fasting - now low ketones

(Kyle Kerstiens) #1

Ive done around 5 fasts in the past and my longest then was 88 hours. My ketones are normally 1.1-1.5 when not fasting. This recent fast ended about 7 days ago and I went a full 7 days. My ketones during the fast were in the 3’s and everything felt great. Since then my keytones register .4-.7 and my weight loss has stalled.

Male, 40 yrs old, 6’-0", 216lbs.

Is this normal? Has anyone experienced this before? If I go on the treadmill I can get around 2.2 after the gym so I know I am still in ketosis.

(Ron) #2

Was your re-feed a little protein heavy? Protein consumption correlates to my personal ketone readings. Just a thought.

(Lonnie Hedley) #3

How long have you been doing Keto? It’s natural for your readings to show lower ketones the longer you’re doing Keto because your body is becoming more efficient at using them. Ketosis just means your body is producing ketones, it doesn’t mean you’re losing weight

Are you saying you’ve lost constantly then haven’t lost anything in a week after ending your fast? How often are you fasting? Are you feasting so your body knows it use the energy you give it instead of clinging?

(Kyle Kerstiens) #4

I was keto 6 months last year and lost 30lbs. This year I’m 2 months in. I went back to the basics of food. I’m back up to 1.5. I’m guessing something I ate was a liar on the package. I will add things back in to test then.