Fasting is bad...causes the pancreas to increase insulin

(Mike) #1

I had a nurse tell me yesterday that fasting was bad because it causes the pancreas to make more insulin…I do keto an have since 2015…and have been increasing my fasting window over the last six months…I’m confused…I tried to act like I was listening to her…but in back of my mind I was thinking…lady…you might be right…but her telling me what my body needs to eat…I think I know my body better then she does… after all…I’ve lost alotta weight…inches…over the last three years…she was also telling me 6 meals a day was better…smaller…I’m like…where do I put the food…so…I’m here to be educated…keep calm and keto on…and thanks…j

(G) #2

@Wannabhealthier-1 ughh so relatable except it’s not a nurse but basically every adult in my house who tell me everyday that carbs and brown rice and whole idk what bread is good and nutritious…
Our metabolism increases when we have small frequent meals, fats are bad for us, Blabla… I mean some carbs are nutritious yes but I’m very convinced with keto for now so no thanks, you do your things ppl. And I’m fully scientifically educated that the small frequent meal thing is a myth and misconception.
I also just nod ad act like I’m listening cz they’re older, but inside I’m like… When you’re gone imma finally do my keto and IF

So hard to stay in keto for just over 2 weeks ugh :sob:

(Doug) #3

But, Lady… Maybe you should at least put down the Crack pipe.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

Listen, who REEEAAALY benefits from people eating six meals a day? Not the people…but certainly the people selling the food.

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

And pill pushers, the legal drug dealers, ya know.

(Doug) #6

:smile: 6 meals - when would one find time to sleep?