Fasting Freedom!

(Kimberly) #1

I started out doing small, intermittent fasting sessions here and there since September. I then began longer fasts of 36 and 48 hours. My longest fast has been 5 days. I choose a particularly busy week to do that fast knowing I wouldn’t have much time to think about or prep food and was overly excited at just how much time it freed up for me! I would typically spend 6 minutes each morning on prep another 6 eating this is also my MO for lunch prep. Dinner would usually be 15-20 minute prep with another 10 to eat. Snack maybe 5 minute prep another 5 to eat. And I didn’t include my ritual of spending several hours on Sunday to prep, shop for food for the week! Daily we’re talking 64minutes a day x5 = over 5 hours! Not having to plan, prep, eat or even think about food gave me focus and clarity for the week! It’s an additional bonus for fasting that I hadn’t even considered!

(Carl Keller) #2

It’s also doesn’t beat up the debit card as much and there’s less dirty dishes and mess to take care of. :slight_smile:

(Tamela Robinette) #3

It’s great walking out the door each morning with nothing but car keys! I keep a case of mineral water in my office so I’m not lugging bottles of water. I’m not spending as much on my food budget and I’m losing 1/2 to 1 pound a day! I must be a unicorn! I’ve really dialed in my carbs & I’m doing 24 hour fasts with OMAD. It’s working! I feel great and my run was faster this morning than it’s been in months! Keto on!