Fasting -Formerly Easy- is More Difficult Lately; Ideas?

Not a high bodyfat - still a pretty decent buffer for a bloke though :slightly_smiling_face:

(Karim Wassef) #42

thanks. I carry it well. :joy:

here I am fasted

far cry from day 0 a couple of years ago

itā€™s been a hard journey

:+1: Sterling work

(traci simpson) #44

I do. On the weekends, I work out as soon as I get up around 7am. During the work week the time varies between 10-1pm. I can fast longer if Iā€™m busy.

(traci simpson) #45

Last night I stopped eating at 5 and so this morning, Iā€™m going to try to fast until 10 without even coffee. Just water.

(hottie turned hag) #46

@Karim_Wassef oh wow, excellent. :astonished:

@Diygurl19 you donā€™t sound sedentary at all like me so I warrant that plays a significant role in your difficulty. It really does feel kickass when one can fast without discomfort; both physically and also a mental high, for me at least. I hope you can do it; I think youā€™ll start to love it like I do. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(traci simpson) #47

My main goal is to be a healthier me. Losing weight would be a definite plus even though I only want to loose 10-15 pounds. Iā€™m not going to stop, Iā€™m going to STAY CALM AND KETO ON!

(hottie turned hag) #48

@Diygurl19 oh the health benefits for me have been many: resolution of restless leg (this had become NIGHTLY and I dreaded lying down), resolution of migraines (daily at my fattest), resolution of constantly dry lips (weird one), reolution of oral HSV1 (cold sore outbreaks), perfect BMs (ew sorry), lifelong insomnia greatly reduced, keratoma Iā€™d had forever VANISHED, hot flashes ditto, mood ā€œsmoothnessā€ (I am an irritable sort by nature). I in no way expected any of these!

(traci simpson) #49

Thatā€™s great! perfect BMā€™s is important!!! LOL I have less hot flashes or shorter hot flashes I should say. Night sweats - still working on that one but Iā€™m sleeping a little better than in the past.

(Marianne) #50

Wow; what a great testament! Herniated discs are no joke.

(Marianne) #51

:laughing:

Girrrll, you can still look like a cougar after menopause! Do you feel young in your head? If so, then you are. You have a great personality (screen, anyway), sense of humor, wisdom, already - all of which are very attractive. Start walking around believing you got it goinā€™ on cuz you do. I donā€™t wear makeup 99% of the time, but I still think Iā€™m one of the good looking, cool kids. At this stage of the game, we earned our stripes!

(Marianne) #52

I am terrified to try anything longer than 24 hours. Iā€™m so afraid (anxious) of feeling hungry, I donā€™t know why. I guess if I do, I can just eat something. Itā€™s been three months and I feel like I am fat adapted. One of these days, Iā€™ll jump in the pool.

(hottie turned hag) #53

@gingersmommy :star_struck:
*gives a high five *

(Marianne) #54

That is an amazing, inspirational before/after.

(Marianne) #55

Do you feel hunger pangs during these periods? Iā€™m not sure what to expect as normal.

(hottie turned hag) #56

@gingersmommy Re: fear of hunger trust me I too feared this! I didnā€™t want to feel lousy, I was actually afraid I may faint while out walking dog (I am an extreme introvert; the idea of doing something embarrassing like fainting in public makes me anxious :worried:), I anticipated discomfort galore, headaches, dizziness, irritabilityā€¦ NONE OF THESE OCCURRED :smiley:

I donā€™t know what variables are present in my case that going 24h was so effortless for me right from the jump. God knows I was fat af and felt horrid all the time so one may infer therefrom that it wasnā€™t due to being in peak conditon. Iā€™m sedentary so that must play a role in the ease of it.

Dig this: right after I started this thread and got mad and started going 48h (I ate Mon, Wed and Fri this week, go me) it started BEING EASY again (to go past hr 25 all the way to hr 48). Obvi some swift adaptation happening.

Easy defined as: very little hunger pangs and what there are are mild and easy to ignore. NO headachey feeling. No fuzzy headedness. No cravings to eat.

I wonā€™t weigh until the last week of the month (donā€™t own a scale, I weigh at a grocerā€™s that has a big scale in entryway), I normally weigh weekly but want to give time to see if I am at goal (110) by then.