Fasting due to illness

(Jo) #1

Hi not been well last few days so I have not eaten a thing since Saturday lunchtime still can’t stomach anything,I am sipping on lemon water , should I still be in Ketosis ? And can anyone recommend a Keto friendly food to go to after my illness has gone? Normally would do toast Or chicken soup But as neither are Keto friendly I don’t want to give up. :blush:

Chicken soup is very keto friendly as far as I know.

Ahh, don’t worry about ketosis at this point…literally, cause you sound like you got some bug or virus or ?? and I have no idea what you might have and you haven’t said what you might have and I don’t know your medical history at all…but I would relax and literally treat the symptoms as you need for what you need!

and it sounds you ain’t fasting on purpose, you ain’t eating due to illness.

Keto Plan gives alot of options, you actually could do a bit of toast or crackers, you just do less. You could do some diet ginger ale or some peppermint tea to soothe the tummy.

But if I were you I would just get better darn it and take it from there!!!

Broth of all kinds, beef/chicken/turtle/bison/gator/duck or whatever meat ya eat is a good way to go and it might help you a bit?

But you do sound so off and I would just get me thru it all and tackle the ‘whole keto plan’ later ya know. It is ok!! This stuff gets in our way and you will be fine and dandy and handle all the ‘what nots’ of your eating plan when ya feel better!

Keto friendly is up to 20g of carbs so you got tons of wiggle room truly but hope you feel better fast now cause you sound like something got ya! :wink: but hoping you get better fast. :sunny:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Fasting puts the body into ketosis. In fact ketones are a bit higher during fasting ketosis than they are in nutritional ketosis.

(Bob M) #5

I’d say they are a lot higher, for me anyway. Fasting is the only way I can get above 1.0 mmol/l BHB in the mornings, and then only if I fast multiple days.

(Jo) #6

Hi you are right
I just did a Ketosis test normally dusty pink in the middle now I am the deepest shade of purple!

Thanks for that info