Fasting and Pregnancy

(Robin) #1

Hey there! I am pregnant (11 weeks) and I have generally heard that fasting isn’t good for those with a kiddo on the way. So, I haven’t fasted. But I also have type 2 diabetes and therefore gestational diabetes. I am attempting not to have to use Insulin to treat this, but my numbers just aren’t quite where they need to be yet. Doctors want a morning fasting level to be under 100 generally, and I always wake up with something between 110 to 125. My blood glucose numbers almost never dip under the 100 mark either. I was wondering if an intermittent fasting might help my blood glucose numbers. Anyone know of any science or studies done on this topic? I definitely don’t want to fast if it will be bad for the baby, but I’d love to bring those numbers down. Perhaps some of you might have experience with this? I know that there are many ways to bring blood glucose numbers down, but I was wondering about fasting specifically. Thanks!

(Bunny) #2

(Bunny) #3

(jilliangordona) #4

@AnnaLeeMI would be a great resource for you. She’s is currently pregnant with gestational diabetes as well!

(Robin) #5

Thanks guys! Good videos @atomicspacebunny and I’ll try to get a hold of your contact @jilliangordona.

(Camille Yeager) #6

Effect of Ramadan Fasting on Pregnancy