Fast fix diabetes

(Vivienne Clampitt) #22

The drinks, meal replacements I used were from Tesco , 26.5 g of carbs per packet! They tasted nice but very sweet. But from everything I read about processed foods and foodstuffs they are not really that good for you.
I still have to watch the second episode.

(Vivienne Clampitt) #23

Believe me , having followed this diet it was hard! The cold and tiredness is real. I would not do it again, Keto much easier, even with Keto flu that lasted only a few days with me. The feeling of coldness and tiredness lasted weeks on this. Exercise was difficult to begin with, took up gentle walking but could not have managed anything heavy on the eight weeks I followed this.
Socially it was hard too, could not go out for meals with friends or hubby.
Recovery from it was hard too. Found it difficult for the first month or two to eat proper meals, difficult to gain the weight the consultant said I should. I looked gaunt and ill. No fun!

(Vivienne Clampitt) #24

I watched the second episode yesterday. I note that the subjects were given follow up advice for quite a period after the research. I didn’t get this, it was not offered and even appointments with the dietician were stopped once goal hba1c and weight loss achieved. Very poor, because the follow up is important in order to stay on track. What would have been good would have been to know what the advice was after the restricted diet as to what foods they should eat. That information for anyone who follows the ‘diet’ is vital.
Impressed that they mentioned fasting and time restricted eating was mentioned albeit quite fleetingly, but again not enough information.
I still think a follow up in a years time with all subjects would be very interesting. The reason I say this is because for around 2 years post my experience my Hba1c remained with in limtis albeit slightly higher than immediately following the ‘diet’. It went from 5.4 to 7.6, but meant I could stay of meds.
Since then it went higher and higher due to reverting back to bad habits. . The only positive is that my weight stabilised at 12 stone 7 pounds (my 18 year old weight! now 61) . By February this year I was quite sick due to ever rising blood sugars. Keto has saved me along with some - not a lot - intermittant fasting. My predicted Hba1c is sitting at around 6.8 currently, have lost a little weight down to 12 stone 2 pounds ( 12 will do me nicely). Due an official callback to surgery within the month and I look forward to having no arguments about going back onto meds!

(ianrobo) #25

OK now watching it and BULL alert after 10 minutes …

Fat is energy dense and too much fat is bad for you … and easy to too eat too many calories with fat …

what utter utter bollox as any of us can say, fat fills you up and carbs do not !!