Fantastic Visit with My Cardiologist today, he's all into Keto

(Jim) #1

Did my 6 month follow-up with the Cardiologist today. The real MD, not the PA.
I showed him my lipid results over 8 years and he picked up on the Triglycerides falling from 156 to 62 and HDL rising to 71 from low 29. I said things turned around when I started Keto.

He surprised me by opening up and said “We got it all wrong the last 40 years.”
He told me to double down on Keto, Eat once a day, and start doing Alternate Day Fasting. Focus on good fats, like coconut oil. Then, he told one of the students shadowing him, “See this is what I have been telling you.” I was pleasantly shocked.

(Hank) #2

Congrats. My GP told me the same thing a few weeks ago. I am beginning to hear this from other friends who have cardiovascular problems from their doctors as well.

(Tom Seest) #3

Please be sure to recommend the cardiologist by name, as we need more like him.

Well done on all your other work.

WOW!

That is amazing, it’s such a relief to hear these kinds of stories.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #5

w00t. That is great news.

(Brian) #6

It’s as though doctors are afraid to talk about it until a patient brings it up. But at least there are a group of them finally seeing the light and at least starting to talk about it.

Just imagine what the medical industry, and doctor/patient relationship would be if more doctors were like this.

(Jim) #8

I agree with this assessment. 1) they are afraid to initiate the conversation 2) most of their patients would be non-compliant even if they suggested it.

Jim

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

Wow your dr. is awesome.

And that’s exactly why many don’t even bother anymore. Mention food and patients start listing off the crap they eat saying “but I don’t eat_____…much”. Enlightened docs just don’t have the time or mental energy. When they run across folks like us it truly brings a ray of sunshine into their days. As to “being afraid”, that can be true too in some clinical settings. They literally put their license at risk.

(Taleisha Collins) #11

Given what happens to doctors that speak against the “accepted” information endorsed by the medical “authority” associations - wrong as they might be - is it any wonder doctors are scared to tell the truth? I can’t count how many articles/hit pieces I have read about the few brave doctors that are willing to speak out about the toxicity of carbs, and the benefits of high fat eating.

Our doctor was all for a low carb diet when we mentioned it, and expressed no real concern- in fact he ran baseline tests so that in 6 months we can compare them to see how it is all working out internally. He’s always been receptive to new ideas, which makes him a blessing from what I am hearing from others, but that he never thought to mention a LCHF diet makes me wonder how hard the pressure might be to stick with the scripted bs from the “authorities”.

(Jeanne Wagner) #12

Holy COW!!! That’s AMAZING. I expected great results from your lab work…yanno because Keto!.. but the doctor. That blew me away! And he’s training up and coming doctors. Perfect. That needs to be happening everywhere!!!

(Jeanne Wagner) #13

Everyone I see and talk going gluten and grain-free to says (because they all notice I’ve lost weight and want to know what I’ve done), but I don’t eat bread/pasta/candy, etc. much… and I’m like ‘so how’s that been working for you all these years?’ smh NO ONE believes it’s the food. Such has the indoctrination been, everyone is brainwashed. Finally the Titanic has started to shift.

(Hank) #14

I live in Alabama and more and more I am hearing from others that their doctors are very happy when the patient mentions trying Keto.

Everyone I know who has done this has had success.

I will say, if you travel it is a Challenge because everything and I mean everything in the restaurants are laced with sugar.

(Jeanne Wagner) #15

Travel is the ONLY reason I’d look into ‘keto products’ and then they have to pass the rigourous label test, plus show me in testing that they really and truly don’t raise blood sugar or insulin. Many of these products do, even if the label looks good.

Right now I’m trying Adapt Your Life products developed for Dr. Westman’s program. I had a couple when I went the Adapt Tampa event at the end of February, but I did not test my blood sugar after eating them to see what effect they have. I’ll be getting a variety box soon and we’ll see then. Perfect Keto bars is another product that claims no spikes. I may try them as well. But they’d be a once or twice a year splurge. None of these things are cheap.

(Jeanne Wagner) #16

Jim, did you have a heart attack, or are you seeing the cardiologist to deal with a rising heart issue? A friend of mine had a very serious heart attack - we’re lucky to still have him in the land of the living - and his cardiologist is giving him the whole low fat/no salt, low protein education. That leaves carbs. His wife was terrified of losing him, so now she is basically a Nazi about how he eats. I have to convince both of them the cardiologist is going on old outdated information.

(Jim) #17

No heart attack, but hypertension and calcium score of 651. Plus Family history.

I have another calcium scan scheduled this Friday to see if it’s still progressing.

My cardiologist just gave a lecture, “The Fat Lies”. Once they post the video, I will share the link here.

(Jeanne Wagner) #18

I am trying to get a calcium scan too. No heart attack here either, but lifelong palpitations that drive me INSANE. I just can’t stand it anymore after 30 years of them, and they’re getting worse… until I quit coffee. Now they’re just every now and then. Imagine, it was caffeine after all this time. :roll_eyes: I sure do miss coffee, but it’s worth it.