Fancy non- alcoholic drink alternatives- spritzer mocktails

food

(Zoe ) #1

What are your go-to non alcoholic but a bit fancy drink??

I have found some non/ low alcoholic, low carb alternatives for when I want a refreshing drink but don’t want to ‘drink.’

My go to is soda water or chilled water to start with then I add a splash of lime juice, apple cider vinegar or bitters. You can add these by themselves or combine them. I think Carl mentions a similar drink but he adds some stevia and finds it imitates a cider. I find the drinks refreshing and the acidic/ bitter flavours make me feel like I am drinking something more that an non alcoholic drink.

For something a little lighter I add rosewater to my soda water. This also goes well with some freshly squeezed lemon juice and you could add sweetener.

Then there are the classics- mint, other herbs etc. I think you could make a spiced infusion with cinnamon etc or have iced tea.

(Marie Dantoni) #2

Process a few cranberries, with a bit of lime juice, ice cubes, sweetener and heavy cream. Pour into a tall glass and fill with club soda.

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

I make wine sprinters with white wine and La Croix flavored waters. I will also do a Mule with diet ginger beer occasionally. Only time I use diet drinks now. I do like vodka with some lime juice added. That is a very rare thing but I like it and it fits in with this WOE.

(Danielle) #4

I know @carl had one that was ACV, bitters and lemon/lime juice and sparkling mineral water. We used to make it all the time.

(Mike W.) #5

Tangerine La Croix and HWC tastes like an orange dreamsicle.

(Zoe ) #6

This makes me think I might try something with raspberries and cream.

(Marie Dantoni) #7

Mmmm…sounds good.

(John B) #8

Polar makes a Moscow Mule flavored seltzer now, probably for a limited time. Works great with a splash of vodka.

(Margie) #9

Robb Wolf’s NorCal Margarita recipe is pretty cool. I love Margarita’s on the rocks. 1 - 2 oz. tequila (I’m an 1800 gal), Lime Juice and club soda. If you want a bit of sweet, add a packet of Truvia (or your sweetener) to taste. I add salt to the drink instead of the rim. I have also put a bit of orange zest in them on occasion. Make sure there is room in your mixing container when you add the sweetener.