Family - social event successfully dealt with

(Simon Hinton) #1

A small thing in the grand scheme of things, but I am pleased with myself. I had a family reunion event today which involved a lot of food, most of which was non keto friendly, Including my mums trifle, and creme caramel deserts which I love. I knew today would be hard but I came prepared. I made my first fathead pizza and took it with me to heat up in the oven, then i took some berries and double cream.

I felt with the fathead pizza i was still joining in with the party food, and the berries and cream satisfied me whilst the desserts were out. I did not have a single crisp or bread roll which I know i would have gorged on before Keto. I passed on the rown rice salad and potato salad. I enjoyed the food I had and didn’t feel like I missed out. In fact I could not eat all my pizza, I was full. Is that usual with fathead pizza?

Thankfully my family was fin with what I was doing and didn’t say anything negative. We have vegans and vegetarians in the family so I think that makes them tolerant about different diets.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Wow! That is truly a great experience. Congratulations! :+1:

(Bob M) #3

I have found the FatHead pizza to be very filling.

Congrats on getting through your social event!

(Marianne) #4

This is a success story - good for you! I have yet to make my first fathead pizza. I hear they are delicious!

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

Cheers for the family behaving nicely. Yeah, keto pizzas can be very filling. You chose well. Congrats on a successful family social.

(Susan) #6

Congratulations Simon!! You should be very proud of yourself, you did great =). This was an awesome accomplishment, Big High Five to you!!!

(Simon Hinton) #7

The fathead pizzas are good, thanks everyone for all positive responses