Family get together at an Italian Restaurant. Help

(Stacey Yates) #1

We are having a family get together tonight at an Italian restaurant. What to eat?? I am new to all this . Help!!

(John B) #2

Eating out can be difficult from time to time, and going to a restaurant where pasta and bread come in abundance makes things even harder. Hopefully the restaurant will have some grilled options, like steak, chicken breasts, or pork chops. Instead of pasta on the side (which is common) see if they can sub a side order of vegetables. My wife and I have gotten used to asking for different sides, and so far no place we’ve visited give us a hard time. And, don’t be afraid to just order off the appetizer menu alone, as sometimes there are items there that will work. And finally, if you know where your going, do some research ahead of time and see if their menu is on their web site. You’ll feel a lot better if you have a few ideas of what you can eat. We do this all the time if we’re eating someplace new.

(Sophie) #4

I always go for a grilled option and swap out the pasta for a side salad with oil & vinegar.

(Rachel Rees) #5

I had an anitipasti starter (sorry about spelling) salmon and vegetables for main and two gin and soda waters for dessert and nearly the whole jug of water on the table with a bowl of olives. I hope I did OK lol, I did lose 5lbs but was my first week - hope you enjoy

(Stacey Yates) #6

I did find an online menu. Not a big steak eater, look like going with grilled chicken Caesar salad?? What about meatball sandwich minus the bread.

(Liz ) #7

Meatballs are often made with breadcrumbs so be aware of that. Also marinara sauce can be incredibly carby. Chicken on salad sounds like a better bet. Ask them to hold the croutons.

(VLC.MD) #8

Chicken Cesar salad for the win.

(Becky) #9

Sausage and broccoli rabe or pork chops and peppers are my faves.