Failing at this big time... 2+ months

So, since last I wrote, I took up some of your advice with regards to eating some more.

Reduced exercise to almost none.

Now I have added 2 hard boiled eggs, and have about 3-4 slices of salami.

Will get tougher midweek, as it is Holy Week and can’t eat meat of any sort from Wednesday until Saturday at noon.

Can’t stand salmon, but have a few days to endure.

Will see how this goes for a few more weeks before throwing in the towel.

So I did Keto from 1/25 - 6/8/19

Saw zero in the way of weight loss.

Got off of it due to going on vacation and have restarted as of yesterday 7/22.

Really need advice on how best to proceed.

I drink coffee. Did so yesterday and today with a packet of Splenda & Half n Half (while on it previously, did the Ghee, no Splenda, etc.)

My one meal of the day was a steak in butter with broccoli and cheese (under 22G Carbs) with 2 glasses of Diet 7up.

I took 2 tablespoons of Bulletproof Brain Octane (afternoon & after my meal).

No snacks, nothing but coffee as described above.

Today, took 1 tablespoon of Bulletproof and 1 Tablespoon of Flax Seed Oil.

Coffee with Splenda & half and half.

Meal will be the same tonight.

I drank 2 glasses of water this am.

Other than that, nothing.

I want this to work this time, any thoughts?

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #44

Welcome back @KetoUSA

Initial suggestions: ditch the Splenda, Half & Half, Diet 7Up and Flaxseed oil.
https://blog.virtahealth.com/fats-oils-ketogenic-diet/
https://blog.virtahealth.com/mufa-pufa-ketogenic-diet/

If coffee is and is going to be a major part of your daily regimen (as it is mine) make it true keto coffee. By that I mean an actual meal in itself that meets your macro ratios. Use zero carb whipping cream instead of Half & Half, MCT oil and/or coconut oil, and/or ghee. Add zero or very low carb whey protein powder to balance the fats with protein to your ratios. Use a blender, don’t just drink a cup of coffee with an oil slick floating on top. You could also use powdered MCT oil with whipping cream if you don’t want to use a blender. For a single cup of coffee, a blender probably looks like overkill. If you go for MCT powder, however, be advised it may contain carbs, so read the label carefully and get one with the lowest carbs you can.

As for your main meal, I’ll let others advise.

My advice is to re-read this thread and consider some of the suggestions that people offered before, particularly regarding how much you’re eating. Most people seemed to think it was very low, but your intake doesn’t seem to have changed. People also suggested you ditch the MCT oil/Octane and eat real food.

Also:

My first go round.

I had dropped the artificial sweeteners, etc.

Coffee had a tablespoon of GHEE and Heavy cream

I began to eat a snack midday which consisted of salami and sometime provolone.

Dinner was salmon somedays with broccoli with cheese. would add some olive oil.

I drink 3-4 cups of coffee per day.