Extreme diet hotel on ch. 4

(Ellen) #1

Anyone else watching this shite? I truly want to throw things at the tv and scream.

(Stacy Blanchard) #2

No but it sounds intriguing.

(Paula Green) #3

Yes - the best bit was the John Lewis advert :slight_smile:

(Ellen) #4

Don’t watch unless you want to send BP through the roof, ingesting 450 cals a day but using 2000+ even if being sick etc, if I had the cash for a new tv would have thrown a book at it! The only bit that made sense was equating sugar withdrawal with heroin withdrawal (having never tried heroin I can’t attest to the veracity of that). Hopefully at some point CICO will no longer be pushed as the only way.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Come, come, ladies! What would be the fun of a series during which people ate delicious food and lost weight with no hunger or effort? BORE-RING!! It’s why people prefer to watch “Naked and Afraid” over “Tea-time at Claridges,” lol! :grin:

(Ellen) #6

No idea what those series are, but suppose you’ve hit on a truth, why watch people having amazing meals, reversing health issues & loving life! Dull and counter productive; we should all just embrace CICO as it obviously works :wink:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

Well, I did make up “Tea-time at Claridges,” but “Naked and Afraid” is for real. (Although not as titillating as the title makes it sound—the naughty bits are blurred out, and how much danger can they get into with a camera crew following them around?)

Of course, the irony of a show like “Extreme Diet Hotel” being watched by punters who are snacking on their favorite crisps and bickies is undoubtedly not lost on the producers. . . . :grin:

And I’m not casting aspersions on anyone, either. I mean, I’m sure Jeremy Wade could give a most edifying lecture on Ichthyology at the Royal Institution, but watching him wrestle with some giant fish in “River Monsters” is a lot more satisfying.

(Drew Says "Eat the Salt, you damned stinking Keto ape" Hardcore Label Licka ) #8

So just a shot in the dark ! But am I the only one. Follow the money and lookie see who’s funding the program?