Exposure to 15 minutes of red light reduced blood sugar response

(Bob M) #1

Interesting study. I’d love to get a red-light device, if they were cheaper:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jbio.202300521

They’re not too expensive, just gotta buy them direct.

These people make a majority of the lights for the name brand people. Since import logs are public info, there was a post a couple years ago on Reddit and you could lookup who Jooov, Platinum, Gembared etc where getting their lights.

Which I knew that before I bought my $700 Platinum. The one I use the most now is a $150 HKE and it’s built just as well as the Platinum. Plus of lights with NIR is they can’t fake out and send underpowered lights, since they literally heat you up.

(Bob M) #3

Thanks, I did not know we could buy cheaper ones. That’s great news.

(Joey) #4

Interesting. Never heard of this before.

I image that if I spent 15 minutes in front of a red light, others would starting honking. :roll_eyes:

(Bob M) #5

I remember hearing about these on multiple podcasts, but it was a while ago. I looked into the price and gave up. The small ones are expensive, and the large ones are insane. The Joovv Solo, which is not really that big (about half a body), is $1,600. The cheapest and smallest is $600.

Unfortunately, I don’t know how much you actually need (in terms of area) to get these benefits. Would the smallest work? I’m not sure.

(Rossi Luo) #6

Interesting to know this, the light is quite cheap here, I will buy one for my mom.