Exploring Smart Drugs, Fasting, and Fat Loss — Dr. Rhonda Patrick on Tim Ferriss show

(Jo Lo) #1

Whoa! Almost 3 hrs of rapid-fire monologue on fasting, ketones, diet, blood tests, nootropics, microbiome, sauna, aging & more.

She is a bit critical of the ketogenic diet (2:19), recommending diversity with fruit and vegetables to provide more micro-nutrients and fiber. Although later (2:21) she favors the BHB production of a ketogenic diet, which has favorable anti-inflammatory an anti-oxidative benefits. She says to keep an eye on your blood panel because some people do poorly on keto due to genetic variations. She also warns meat-eaters they they better exercise to use up IGF-1, or else cancer risk rises.

This amazing data dump summarizes the main points of many of her popular videos. I think that just listening to Rhonda boosts one’s IQ.

http://tim.blog/2017/05/04/smart-drugs-fasting-and-fat-loss/

(Jacquie) #2

I listened to this a couple of days ago. She’s amazing! You definitely can’t multi-task while listening to this podcast. :wink:

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #3

Allow me to be the skeptic here:

What are these mysterious micro-nutrients, I wonder? Other people are always going on about “phyto nutrients” in similar vein. (literally, it just means nutrients from vegetation; nothing magic, or even specific here).

Does she have evidence for this, I wonder? Not that many people here would say that exercise is a bad thing.

Well, I wonder how much experience with keto she actually has.

(KB Keto) #4

I’m currently listening to this one… just like anything - the information is information. Some of it I find useful and interesting, other I just listen to and move on.

But overall - worth the listen for sure.