Expected Weight Loss

newbies

(Frank) #1

Hi,

I guess a lot of people post this question at some point, but after the water weight has gone what is the average weigh loss people experience each week?

I have lost a pound in a week which seems disappointing as I am not eating much at all most days. I am fasting for 16 hours and then eating one meal which is probably 1000 calories. I am obese and have 49 pounds to lose before I am in a healthy range.

I thought the weight would drop off maybe 2-3 pounds a week?

Frank

(Olivia) #2

In the beginning, I lost 1-2 pounds per week. Then it slowed to 1 pound/week up till a BMI of 22. Now it’s very slow and on good weeks 0.5 lbs. On some weeks nothing happens. The scale might even go up. However, my tape measurements are far more reliable. I suggest you measure yourself at different areas of your body (there are guides on how to do that) and repeat those measurements 1/week.

1000 kcal seems quite low. Calculate your basal metabolic rate (BMR) and use that number as orientation for your daily total calorie intake. The added calories will make this diet so much easier and sustainable.

If your obese and just starting out you have a lot more than a pound of water, 1000 calories is way to low for almost any adult, let alone an obese one. If your not fat adapted yet and eating that little your just making it harder on yourself. Stop thinking calories! There is no average, WAY too many things go into it. Just keep your eating on track and it WILL come off! If your unsure of what your eating let us know and we can tweak / give advise. Many people starting out botch it pretty bad not realizing that’s what they’re doing. Hopefully that’s not the case but if it is, we’ll find and fix it. Good Luck.

(Pete A) #4

Over 4 months I lost 2-3 pound average per week. I went from 217 to 157. I stuck with around 1500 calories per day average, and 65-70% of that has been fat. Lots of water, regular, moderate exercise to combat being sedentary.

With tweaking you can do this! More, more, more fat.

There really is no average; I’ve ranged from zero loss to four lbs in a single week. Recently, though, I’ve started tracking my height to waist ratio as a way to measure progress. You’ll learn that the scale, mirror, and your brain plays tricks on you. Tape measure, loose pants, new belts, smaller sizes are all objective example of your progress.

Best of luck on your journey!

(Allie) #6

You have to give your body the nourishment it needs for it to do what you’re asking of it, keto is not a low calorie starvation diet.

(Karen) #7

1 lb a week solid with some plateaus.

K

(Jenn Monaghan) #8

1 lb a week on average here. I fluctuate up and down a lot, but in a downward direction and am down about 55 lbs in 10 months.