Exercise for a beginner

(Angie Davey) #1

I used to be pretty fit, lots of classes slim but poor diet. I moved about two years ago, still eating rubbish untill now but just started back at the gym, I am looking to tone and burn fat, whislt combining this WOE.

Any ideas for starting out with weights?

(Michelle) #2

I would start with some basics and bodyweight exercises, like:

15 squats
10 push ups
walking or standing lunges - 10 each leg
1 min plank hold (or side plank holds each side)
burpees or jumping jacks - 1 min each

do like 3 to 4 rounds back to back with little rest in between
add weights into the workout once you are comfortable

Keep this front of mind throughout your workout.

(eat more) #3

also check out the Nike Training Club app
it’s guided circuit training with video examples
you can specify duration (15-45 min)
focus (strength, mobility, endurance)
equipment (zero equipment to full gym)
Nike Training Club app

i also like 5x5 programs like StrongLifts or KetoGains…KG has a little more variety
Strong lifts 5x5
ketogains 5x5

simplyshredded.com has free programs in addition to their purchase options for women and men on their site
simply shredded free women’s program

lift like a girl ( niashanks.com) also has free/pay programs
women’s beginner strength training guide

i think exrx.net has programs, examples of exercises, and anatomical maps of which exercise works which muscles…i think you can build your own.
EXRX beginners page

i get bored easily :blush:

i highly recommend checking out videos/tutorials for form on whichever exercises you choose to do…especially squats AND kettlebell swings (most ppl do these incorrectly and then end up not liking them or worse injured)

hopefully that’s not too much information/too many options thrown at you at once…i tried to reign it in…there’s still more lol

happy lifting

EDIT: added links…
also don’t worry about “bulk” from lifting “heavy”…it takes a LOT of food and usually not so legal other things for women to get big and manly

(weighttraining) #4

Hey Angie_Davey,
You can check same problem with my wife and she was too much busy in work, so i had helped her to find some working ways on internet and i have found some interested articles i have saved in my pc with links i am going to share with you can check here here also it may help you too best wishes
strength training for beginners female