Exante diet advice

(Matt) #1

Hi All,

I have been reading through the forums and gained quite a bit of advice, I do however have a couple of questions that I’m hoping someone could help me with.

I have just started (4 days in) the Exante diet, I’m doing the man plan, where I have either 2 meal replacement shakes a day and a 400 calories (low carb) meal, or 4 shakes a day. I have been looking online and to get into the Ketosis state its recommended that you eat about 60-75% of calories from fat, 15-30% of calories from protein, and. 5-10% of calories from carbs. However I have looked on the back of the sachets and it looks like this

51g packet
17.6g Carbs (34%)
6.5g Fat (13%)
17.4g Protein (33%)

These figures don’t look anything like the ones to get into a Keto state. I was just wondering whether anyone could clarify this, or am I just reading everything wrong,

Secondly, in regards to exercise, if I goto the gym and burn say 300 calories running or cycling, am I supposed to top my calorie intake up, so I have still had 800 calories, or do I just stick on my normal regeme, and only have a net intake for the day of 500 calories.

Thanks again for any help

Matt

(Carpe salata!) #2

Try something like this:

<20g carbs
1g per kilogram of lean body mass, of protein (~75?)
Fat to satiety

The satiety thing means eat till you’re full.

So regarding the 300cal exercise question, nobody knows. Your body will tell you.

(Chris) #3

Meat would be a better meal replacement than a sugary shake.

(Elaine Funk) #4

Do you think this plan is better than real food?