Erythritol question!

(Cassandra Higdon) #1

So the first month on keto - I lost 17lb!! I was like well that’s all the weight I wanted to lose - so i started being a little more lenient with myself. By that I mean I had broccoli with a Tiny bit of sauce - and actually started eating 20g Carbs a day instead of 10…

A week later I’ve gained 8lb back…

I should also mention that I started getting coffee out… like everyday… made with half n half because I thought that was ok. Yeaaaaaa it’s not!!!

So now I’m back to freaking out and tying to stay on track perfectly. But I found this awesome recipe that calls for erythritol… which says it has carbs… So is this safe-or no??? I don’t wanna use it thinking is ok and gain the rest of the weight back :"(

(jilliangordona) #2

The carbs in erythritol are sugar alcohols which are not processed by the body. Which means no carbs, you’re good

(Andrew) #3

Erythritol doesn’t even stimulate insulin production. All good.

8lbs is just glycogen weight. It will disappear in a few days of clean carbing. Sauce for broc should be a pile of butter and cheese.

This is a personal situation, you may be ok, you may not be. Try it, see if you have cravings or weight gain

(Mike Glasbrener) #5

The real answer is maybe. Sweeteners give some people an insulin response even w/o a blood glucose response. The insulin is what we’re all targeting. Blood glucose is a system of a metabolically deranged insulin response.

Sooo…

Your mileage may vary. It’s safest to avoid it. If you really want it observe your response in terms of weight to it. Also, even if you’re safe now it could change over time. It’s just another thing to keep an eye on if you really have to have sweeteners.

(Cristian Lopez) #6

I use like 3 Table spoons yes Table spoons a day too make my ketorade and stevia soda.

(Cassandra Higdon) #7

What’s glycogen weight???

(Cassandra Higdon) #8

How do you make ketorade?!?! I need this recipe lol

(Andrew) #9

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/ketoaide/4383?source_topic_id=29134

(Cassandra Higdon) #10

:frowning: it says I don’t have access to that link…

(Athena) #11

It wouldn’t work for me, either. Try this: