Episode suggestion

debate

Thank you, Doug! I’m thinking more of western folks who move from SAD to a fruit based (or starch-based) diet and don’t get diabetes (and they’re often eating many times/day). I think that there’s something about extremely low-fat that changes the insulin pathways.

Re metabolic flexibility: I guess it just makes sense to me that except for those of us with Inuit genes, our history probably involved periods of higher carb eating (without devastating metabolic consequences), and many folks who are quite serious about ketosis and have played with it for a long time (e.g. Peter Attia, Mark Sisson) don’t actually recommend staying in it all the time, or at least don’t seem to recommend that for everyone. Although I’m very well-versed in ancestral eating, ketosis is a relatively new area for me so I’m still pretty early in my research and in my own experimentation.

(ianrobo) #22

As suggested in the Exercise sub forum, an episode regarding exercise etc would be excellent, whether it is our own experiences or an expert or two. I can not remember but think there was an episode with Steve Phinney ?

(KCKO, KCFO) #23

@richard, After the podcast that mentioned Promethease and getting your DNA report, I’d like a podcast with Rhonda Patrick, PhD., as her site also offers a report. DNA is a deep, deep rabbit hole, and we can use all the guidance out there to understand it all. Her site has a pdf that helped me some, but there is so much I don’t know yet. I learned I have neither of the “live to be a hundred” genes. So going to concentrate of staying as healthy as possible for what ever no. of years I have left.

I ran the Promethease report and there is so much I don’t understand it is not funny. HELP!!!

(Crow T. Robot) #24

Robb Wolf might be a good candidate for that. He’s not opposed to keto, though, he just says that not everyone does best on it.

(Jim Russell) #25

He actually has a section in his new book “Wired to Eat” on fasting and keto. He seems to think of it as a tool that isn’t necessary for most people but is effective. I’d love to see Robb Wolf or Mark Sisson as guests.

(Ellie Baum) #26

Have you guys thought about inviting Kristie from her “Cooking Keto with Kristie” YouTube channel? She makes great recipes that are simple and low key. She has a lot of great information for beginners. She has an interesting story including WL surgery, discovering Keto after years of low cal, and Brachioplasty. She has a great perspective for cooking keto for her family as she is always having her kids help with her YouTube episodes and her family eats Keto as well. She would probably be great for the Keto Kids show too.

I’d love to hear an episode with her!

(What The Fast?!) #27

Also Shawn Mynar - she has a podcast specifically for women: Keto for Women Show