Episode #65 - Beyond Atkins with Dr. Eric Westman

(carl) #1

Carl Franklin @carl and Richard Morris @richard interview Dr. Eric Westman about his work with Dr. Robert Atkins, his medical practice, his experience treating Type-2 Diabetes with a ketogenic diet, and his newly-launched HEAL program (Healthy Eating and Living), which he hopes will scale up efforts to provide much-needed information to millions of people with Diabesity.

Eric Westman is Chief Medical Officer of HEAL Clinics, and Director of the Lifestyle Medicine Clinic at Duke University. Eric is a well-known doctor and author who in the last ten years has successfully treated over 4,000 patients with obesity and Type-2 Diabetes using a low-carb high-fat diet as the first line of therapy.

(What The Fast?!) #2

haha…“scale up…”

Starting out talking about Mongolian BBQ did not help the fast over the lunch hour haha :disappointed_relieved:

(Bacon for the Win) #4

great show, love EW :heart:

I feel you! I usually skip the “recipes” ending of 2KDs when I’m fasting! Rock on with your fast, following your progress Niner.

Thanks! I usually skip them too but when I heard chorizo queso fundido I couldn’t turn it off! Living in Texas that is the one thing I have missed since keto

(Cheryl Meyers) #7

It’s called Genghis Khan in Japan. Usually has lamb in the meat offerings too. Yum! Great episode, again!

(Crow T. Robot) #8

I wonder if anyone else is like me; I am curious to watch the “Great Diet Debate”, but I somehow know that I’m just going to get angry if I do… so I don’t. I feel like it’s going to be the “Don’t Eat Anything with a Face Debate”, but worse.

Here’s the excellent post from @KetoKate that Richard read through during the podcast…just in case you went looking for it. @richard recommend to maybe include a link at the bottom of 2 dudes podcast website?