Episode #131 - The Duck Fat Caramel recipe

food

(Nathanael Schulte) #1

Hey @dudes - after hearing @richard 's Duck Fat Caramel recipe, I got inspired to try Allulose, especially after hearing you could get a much darker toffee. I made my first sauce last night and the Allulose was amazing - most authentic caramel or toffee sauce I’ve ever had that’s keto friendly, but it’s obvious I’m going to need something else to help it harden into a hard toffee. I’ve also noticed most recipes call for corn syrup - wondering what you use as a substitute.

Thanks again!

(Richard Morris) #2

we just use allulose and water in equal parts and cook it.

(Kylea) #3

Richard do you happen to have a link to where I can buy allulose (I’m in Australia). I found a site but it’s gonna cost more in postage than the product itself.

(Blessed with butter ) #4

Hi Dudes,
This may not be related to this podcast but…I started August 11th 2018 today it is September 20th 2018
I started the podcasts and I am only on Paying it back. I love you guys. My blood pressure was 152/102 when I started. Yesterday I had it taken and its 132/82! I have lost 20 pounds!
I have had a couple slips with beer but got right back on. I love this way of eating because it works and its easy. I know that some people are struggling with parts, but I just listen to the podcast and it GROUNDS me. You guys are awesome, keep up the great work! I am going to live to see adult grandchildren!!! Love, and I Mean Love, Judy Baseel Portland oregon

How great! congratulations, Judy!
@richard and @carl so they see this

(Blessed with butter ) #6

Thank you so much!
did you do it so richard and carl see it
judy

I don’t know if they get a chance to see everything that’s addressed to them, but I figured at least we could try :slight_smile:

(Richard Morris) #8

We don’t get to every message here … but we try to get to as many as we can :slight_smile:

Thanks, Richard. She had such a sweet thank-you to you two and I was hoping you would see it!

(carl) #10

Thanks, Judy! Glad we could help