Episode #109 - Ketofest 2.0

ketofest

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #1

@Carl and @Richard I found this podcast very inspiring. I was inspired by Carl’s New London County meetup group and created the Minnesota Ketonians group with some help from @Brenda.

We’ve had 10 people at our first meetup, and 20 at our second. Assuming a doubling every month, we should have everyone in Minnesota signed up in 18 months or so. Then again maybe doubling every meetup is a little unrealistic :wink:

I don’t think we are ready yet to put on a Ketofest Minnesota, but maybe someday. I’m also interested in having a Keto 101 course that could be offered 2 or 3 times a year. Something that people trying the keto diet could bring friends to that are interested in starting out. The idea would be to give them enough information go get a good start, and then the meetup group would also act as a support system the same way this forum does for so many people.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for our group I’d love to hear them. Or if you have a line on anything that could serve as the basis for a Keto 101 course. I’ll see you at Ketofest in July.

(Karl L) #2

Hey @carl, I’m a few years older than you (58) but also have a benign tremor. My mother is 86 and hers is pretty bad, so I have an idea of what I may be in store for. I’m also a guitar player, and find that while it doesn’t affect my playing, it does seem to be at its worst (or most noticeable) when I’m holding a pick between songs in front of an audience.

The good news is that my tremor is noticeably better since starting a ketogenic diet in March '17! So while yours may not improve, it very well may be less severe than it would be if you were not keto.

The human neurology loves to run on ketones!

(carl) #3

For the last few days I’ve been taking magnesium, and the tremor has gone away.

(Karl L) #4

That’s great! How much magnesium and in what form?

(carl) #5

I just took a 500 mg tablet daily