Epic 48 mile walk fueled by Ketones

(Brooke ) #1

For my 48th birthday this week, I decided to try and walk 48 miles over the course of 2 days. I’ve been Keto for 5+ months and I do fasting as well. Turns out, I felt so great during the walk, that I did it in ONE day. I didn’t stop for 12 hours!! (except for the bathroom. I practically fasted too). Talk about burning fat for fuel! I did hills. Lots of them. My snacks were some macadamia nuts, a little cheese, seaweed, electrolytes in my water, and almonds. AND I was hardly sore the next day and felt pretty much back to normal 2 days later. KETOSIS RULES!

I want to encourage you all to try walking, and walk some more. I don’t see a lot of people talking about walking. I’m actually a personal trainer and try to teach all my clients the value of walking over anything else. It’s so important for bone health, moving your lymph, mental health, and it’s a total body movement. We also need to use our arms in different ways, so I recommend carrying things on your walk. Walk to do your errands. Sure, you can lift weights (I’ve been a powerlifter as well), swim, run and bike - but they are all different than walking. Walking may be all you need.

Exercise doesn’t have to be complicated, if you don’t want it to be. Just step out your door and walk somewhere, if you can :smile:

That is freakin’ AWESOME!!!

(Brooke ) #3

aww thanks! and I was wearing Altras. Couldn’t do it barefoot :smile:

Altras are great. I wore out a pair of Instincts before going shoeless. I still have an old pair of the Altra Adams. I don’t think they even make them anymore.

(Mel Soule) #5

Well done! Truly remarkable. You are 1000% correct about the collateral metabolic benefits and we should all do it and make walking part of the ketoadapted lifestyle. Thanks for sharing your quest.

(Brooke ) #6

I forgot to say that walking is also a biological imperative like eating, sex, and sleep. So if anyone asks if they should walk - the answer is yes, if you can. Our species can’t continue without it. Your body needs it.