Electrolytes

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #44

Why this?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #45

Potassium chloride is ā€œno saltā€ isnā€™t it? Mixed with sodium chloride 50/50 is lite salt I thought.

(Denise) #46

Disaster pants!! Thatā€™s a winning term :joy:

I take 500 mg of Mag. Citrate twice a day but I built up to that much as I started with 100. Citrate has never bothered me and no more bad leg or foot-cramps. The last leg cramp I had was because I had run out of my supplement so hope I donā€™t do that again :wink: I could hardly walk when I first got up in the a.m. and my one calf was sore for the whole day.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #47

I realise this is a very old thread, but there is an important point that newbies should bear in mind:

First of all, eat more salt. Your kidneys are excreting sodium more readily, now that insulin is no longer interfering. If you are getting enough salt and drinking to thirst (donā€™t over-hydrate, that is counter-productive), it will help with the headaches and fatigue. It will also help your body to use calcium, magnesium, and potassium more efficiently. You may or may not need supplements, if you are getting enough salt.

(Denise) #48

I didnā€™t even realize how old that last comment was @PaulL but yeah, I appreciate your info as I need to be reminded as I can get off track and wonder why the headache. Itā€™s usually not enough water for me and I donā€™t skimp on my Himalayan Pink Salt I ended up with a big bag of :wink: