Eggs! Eggs? Ugh!

(Norma Laming) #1

I’ve never had any problems with eggs until the last few days when I’ve been ZC. Now I just can’t face them and if I do eat eggs I feel queasy and can’t seem to digest them; they stay heavy in my stomach for just hours! Anyone else found this?

(less is more, more or less) #2

I’m not zero carbs but nearly so. I’ve just recently radically increased my egg intake to about 3-4 a day. However, I’ve been blending them in raw in my morning tea. Yes, I’m aware of the gag factor, but I’d be choking on that many cooked eggs as well.

(Norma Laming) #3

I heard Dr Ben Birman suggest that in a podcast and sometimes I add a couple of yolks to my coffee. I can taste them, it’s a sort of iron taste, which is mild and ok. I know that the yolks are very nutritious but atm I just can’t face eggs. I’ve just arranged to give someone my last box of very nice, fresh, organic, pastured eggs! Perhaps in a few weeks I’ll try again. I want to pursue this all meat WOE for at least a week and I think that if I eat eggs that will put me off.

(Norma Laming) #4

Bikman!

(Brian) #5

Eggs last a long time, especially in the refrigerator, like months. The eggs you buy in the grocery store can be several months old.

Of course, I’d be happy if you decided to give me your eggs. Who wouldn’t! :smiley:

A week or two, though… no worries. They’d be just fine.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6

@Bellyman I have a smallish refrigerator and don’t refrigerate them. Sometimes I buy 60 at a time just for me!

@Hermione Eggs are one of the top 8 allergy foods, you may just be noticing the issue since cutting out everything else but meat.

(less is more, more or less) #7

BTW, you can edit your previous posts, as I was thinking “Bikman” He’s the reason I switched from butter to eggs.

I use the whole egg, and I cannot taste it, though the texture is creamier. I blend the drink for about a minute. If you’ve been around for awhile, like me, the texture reminds me a little of the old Orange Julius drinks in the 70’s

(Maria Ortiz) #8

I’ve had those times where I hate eggs, that’s when I usually prepare them differently. I switch between frying them, boiling them, and scrambling them. Maybe you can add some meat to them to make them more palatable?

(Norma Laming) #9

Yes I know they can last but I just can’t fancy these so I’m giving them to someone who wants them. I’m lucky enough to be able to get eggs that I know are recently laid. Atm I’m curious about eating meat only and to see how long I want to do that so the eggs are off tomorrow to someone who really wants them!

(Norma Laming) #10

Yes thanks I’m not at all worried about keeping them, believe me I’ve eaten eggs that were a lot older than a few weeks! I just don’t want them.

(Norma Laming) #11

I wondered about that but I’m not having what I would think of as an allergic reaction. Just a strong aversion. Disappointing because I think that the yolks in particular are very nutritious.

Here’s a thought??? I had an issue with a chicken which had been grain fed - I am grain intolerant.
Once eaten the bird - later I had my grain indolence reaction.

Now - if the hens that lay their eggs for us are also grain fed - will the eggs they lay have elements of the grain within them and kick off the grain intolerance reaction again???

Just thought I would chuck that into the pan for your digestion…

(Judy Thompson) #13

That reminds me of a vegetarian joke where a kid says “mommy won’t let me eat chicken because they have eggs in them”
I do think you’re right though. Grain feed meat contains grain! As far as I know I’m not intolerant to grain but when I get a steak or pork chop in a restaurant I can feel the grain texture compared to the pastured meat we usually eat.

Oh wow but the eggs too! Which came first? I wonder if anyone knows this one.