Egg wraps?

(Gary Landau) #1

Are eating egg wraps ok on a carnivore diet ? While i’m cooking a steak I usually have about 6 egg wraps with roast beefin them. Outside of burgers,eggs and steaks that’s all I happliy eat.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

What are the eggs wrapped in? Or are the eggs the wrap?

If the latter, then they are certainly okay. If the wrap is made from wheat or corn, however, then I’d say that’s not carnivore, strictly speaking.

Nobody’s going to criticise you for eating any way that works for you. However, the word “carnivore” suggests a complete absence of plant foods from the diet, so it might be best if we could find a way of describing things that doesn’t cause confusion. You might want to use Amber O’Hearn’s suggestion and call it “carnivore adjacent.” :grin:

(Gary Landau) #3

(Bob M) #4

As part of the non-carnivore-police, those look fine to me.

(Joey) #5

I especially appreciated the warning in bold on the label of the egg wraps:

CONTAINS: EGG

:man_shrugging:

p.s. - I make our own wraps out of 1 cup shredded mozzarella + 1 whole egg. (Typically 3-4 eggs and 3-4 cups of cheese at a time). Smash it up, roll thin between parchment, bake a few minutes until golden brown @ 350F.

Assuming both egg and cheese are “carnivore,” that should work. Make a bunch, store in the fridge.

Great for meat/tuna “sandwich” wraps, cut into strips for guacamole dip, or as pizza crust with lots of meat toppings, etc.

But caution: they will contain eggs.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

And did you know that Peanut Butter contains peanuts? :rofl:

@Gary1 The only ingredient that might give a carnivore pause is the “cauliflower powder” (whatever that is). But again, if you can eat these without problems, then fine. Some people are carnivore because they don’t tolerate plant foods at all, and such people might have a problem with this product. It’s all very individual.

(Bob M) #7

Good idea. Can you use 1 or do you need to use 2? I ask because my wife buys some from Trader Joe’s, but those I have to use 2. And the last one always seems to stick to the plastic and break. I give that one to my puppy in her meal.

Cauliflower and olive oil aren’t carnivore items (spices are plants too but they are okay for most carnivores).

I like my own carnivore-ish definitions, it’s extremely close to carnivore but certain items in tiny amounts are fine and that makes it way more easier for me…

I say it’s up to you. it’s not actually carnivore but… Close enough? :smiley: Of course different people tend to have somewhat different definitions for carnivore. It should be simple, animal food is carnivore and that’s it but there is gray area like coffee, tea, spices… I never saw the point of keeping myself from super tiny plant carbs if they don’t harm me - but I tend to put a toe out of the carnivore definition as I said :wink:

By the way, the 0 carb on the label doesn’t mean it has no carbs. Of course it has. It just doesn’t have much enough to become 1 after the rounding. There are plenty of fruits that would get the same 0 for a 5.3g portion (of course, it makes less sense for most fruits. I only have 3-4 fruits where this is a valid portion and I have ridiculous amounts for certain things).

If I ate wraps I would make my own egg wraps (100% egg, why to overcomplicate it) but I am at home, I like cooking and I dislike various added things in processed stuff. I understand it may be convenient to buy things like this, again, up to you.

They are what a ‘relaxed’ carnivore would allow. Only if you do very well on them and feel good eating them. That bit of ‘crap’ in the ingredients is what some carnivores would never touch, some would allow it since it is only trace amts. of those ingredients. So this one is up to you on how you do on them. Best option. Make fresh ones. Don’t buy manufactured for you. If this is more convenient, you enjoy, you function well on them with no issues, then yea, using those would not be too bad and you are still considered a relaxed carnivore. This is how the carnivore world rolls on made for us products that contain some stuff we normally shy from. It is how do you do on the product and use that info to include or exclude.

(Gary Landau) #10

After reading all the posts I decided to make my own. It’s really easy,all you have to do is throw an egg in the pan and cook on high. Each side about one and a half minutes and then refrigerate. one eggs = 2 wraps. Save $6 and change plus I’m not worried about any wierd ingredients.

(Joey) #11

Sounds as easy as it gets.

Great. Fresh beats made for ya any ol’ day :slight_smile: Cool

(Robin) #13

I guess I look at wraps the same way I look at bread and buns. Just a delivery system, the middle man. Not necessary but if it adds to your enjoyment and fits in your plan, enjoy!

(Joey) #14

Fair enough … but if it’s made out of just an egg, it’s no more necessary than eating an egg :wink: