Egg Fast

(Alison) #21

I read about the Egg Diet and so after the Christmas period (where I fell off the rails) I tried it.
I started at 4pm and had 2 Fried eggs in butter, with cheese. My problem was that I could not get to sleep that night? It was so bad that I had to go and eat something else
It was as if I felt super buzzed up, had heaps of energy and felt “hot”.
Has anyone else felt this way? is it just a passing phase that I will soon adapt to once I persevere?
:worried:.

(Dean) #22

yes, nothing is new, it’s just forgotten

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #23

It is enticing @Fiorella :bacon: :bacon:
The Bacon Experiment is Dan Quibell’s, here’s an interview https://ketogasm.com/the-bacon-experiment-interview/

and his FB group

Dan writes about combining bacon and eggs, I haven’t done that yet, it’s on my list to try :bacon::egg:

(Dean) #24

yes I have felt that way when i first started fasting, for me, i’m not sure if it’s a mental thing but I have kept trying. I have read that the adrenal or (fight or flight) can kick in but i guess it’s kinda rare that that’s an issue. I have done a few 24 hr fast and both times i felt a little to hyped up, but I am now on about a 40 hr fast and just woke from a solid 9 hrs of sleep and feel great. so I will keep on trying.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #25

I’m sorry to hear of the trouble @gettingthere, it is frustrating dealing with sleeplessness. The FB group has people discussing varying degrees of issues, there may be more people there with similiar experiences. I experience reduced hunger with the egg fast and usually move into an extended fast (EF). The buzz you describe is what I feel on Day 3 of an EF without the hunger. Perhaps this helped you produce more ketones, many people talk about sleep issues at least in the beginning of the ketogenic diet. It’s the mix of buzzed and hunger that puzzles me. Consider another try and start in the morning to harness the buzz for work or hiking a mountain!

(Alison) #26

Thanks so much for feedback.
Great idea to start this in the morning :grin:

I also ignored several “rules” of the egg fast that did not make sense to me: 1. eating within 30 minutes of waking and 2. eating every 3-5 hrs even if not hungry. Why would you force yourself to eat if you’re not hungry? This seems anti-keto to me and would likely make a person hate eggs forever. I think Jimmy Moore made these guidelines prior to learning the magic of fasting! Also I did not drink any diet soda and did not use artificial sweeteners.
Do what works for you!

I’m with you on that. I have several tests lined up. Currently doing a ZC test now. When I come around to egg fast test, I will keep my IF schedule and just employ other egg fast techniques (like recipes or whatever).

(Judy ) #29

I am on day one of a 5 day egg fast. Love eggs! Hope I still love them after this egg fast!

@JLR @gettingthere
I want to start a 5 day egg fast tomorrow. How did yours go?

(Judy ) #31

Great! It was fairly easy and I still love eggs! I did it for 5 days, and tapered off on day 6 and 7. I lost 5 pounds and my blood ketones were 1.1-1.4 all week.
I hope your egg fast goes well. Let us know.

(Kathy Meyer) #32

I tried an egg fast but I was somewhat nauseous – so it did help me transition into a water fast. I might try again as maybe that was a fluke. I plan on trying a few different types of fasts this year.

(Adam L) #33

Thanks @Becky @Jbird71 your posts about not following rules and making it your own have got me curious about this. Being ZC since Jan 1st has led me to eating one meal a day with ease so whenever I finish ZC might make that one meal boiled eggs & homemade mayo or I could get to working on animal only baconnaise and do it asap. Making me hungry!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #34

Excellent Adam :blush:, let us know how you n=1 progresses.
I’ve been ZC since 12/26 and luvin’ it. I’ve varied between “whatever” I felt like on the ZC menu, 7 days bacon only, 5 days bacon & eggs, and I’m going to finish with a 5 day egg only next week. The bacon only days were my largest per day weight loss and lowest BGs, approaching BGs I see with extended fasting, they were also my least “hungry” days, although I’m experiencing that overall for all ZC days. I’ve enjoyed the bacon & egg days the most, I could eat this combo almost every stickin’ day.

(Adam L) #35

Thanks Becky, yes I’ll report in soon over on a ZC or n=1 thread. I don’t really want to stop ZC, thinking I’ll follow your lead & do some multi day periods of mono meals; eggs, bacon, then the two combined - I could eat it everyday too!

(Marshelle) #36

I am such a guinea pig! I read the suggested info and I began the egg fast today. Please join me!!! I’m a bit terrified. I began keto Jan 3 and I am 17lbs down. SW178 CW 161.3
I am ready to go below 160 and this seemed doable. I will probably hate eggs after the five days since my keto experience included keto flu, keto rash and a bout of vertigo. :joy:

(Annemieke van der Veen) #37

I still have not tried it. But still curious!

(Marshelle) #38

Aww, pleeeeease join me! :weary:

(Arlene) #39

The egg fast is too restrictive for me, but I will say that going zero carb is often VERY effective at taking off pounds quickly. Zero carb means zero plant foods, FYI.

(Marshelle) #40

I am terrified of ZC but I keep my carbs around 12g or lower most days. I’m actually enjoying the Egg fast!