Eating to satiety?

(Karl L) #1

I trust that the signals my body is sending me regarding hunger and satiety are just still lost among years of carb noise and will become recognizable in the coming weeks. But for now, this is what eating to satiety means to me: https://youtu.be/HJZPzQESq_0

(Keto Amicia) #2

When I choose to cheat and have junk carbs, then I also am there! Patience…we all have something we are working on. Good luck!

(Jennifer) #3

There is a time factor involved. It can take 20 minutes , or longer for the stomach to tell your brain you are full. Take your time eating and see if you get those signals.

Last night I had a ribeye. I usually eat the fatty pieces first and by the time I got to the leaner part, I was full. Left a 2 x 2 chunk, couldn’t finish it.

Slow down, if you think you want more, wait 20 minutes. If not full, have some more… :slight_smile:

(James storie) #4

I did the same last night with my ribeye. Honestly, I wasn’t even hungry, but I was fixing steak for the rest of the family, so I ate. I just ate until my body said stop! I was feeding bites to my daughter as I was feeding myself as well!

(Richard Morris) #5

Hopefully you’ll learn to hear the signal before Mr Creosote, cos he got his signal a little too late.

It is true that eating high carb meals over the decades will make it difficult to tell. Hypocaloric Dieting does as well. Mindfulness is a good first step. I know people who gained weight for the first several months of keto until their bodies started appropriately signaling energy adequacy.

(Mike Glasbrener) #6

I love the feeling of eating so little and being full. I used to get a very large plate and eat it all then go back for seconds.

(Jeremy Storie) #7

The next time you fix steak I’m coming over and sitting next to you! :joy:

(Griffin Mekelburg) #8

I have noticed for myself (and I believe Jimmy Moore brought this up on the latest Fasting Talk episode) after I go through at least a 24 hour but even moreso on a 48 hour fast, my signals for satiety fire off way quicker and more noticabely, might be an idea to see if that helps your own mindsets!!

that MP skit tho is so on point lmao