Eating the right amount

(Brenna) #1

So I used Cronometer today. Too much protein, etc.

I started cooking with more fat and now I’m getting very satiated, but I’m always over calculating how much I need. It’s crazy.

Still sleepy and tired.

I’m not sure if you are really overeating protein or if it’s just your Macro Ratio settings in cronmeter, by default it isn’t set to keto diet ratios.

If you’re really overeating protein - don’t worry about it too much. As long as you nail the carbs you should be fine.

I ate twice as much protein one day, half as much the next, I was all over the place. But it’s actually pretty hard to overeat on keto, not impossible but pretty unlikely, so again don’t worry.

If I overeat protein I get drowsy and tend to nap, I did this before keto and it happens after keto. An annoying waste of weekend time but no damage.

What helped me was to simply plan meals around some sort of meat, fish, chicken, with veggies - bingo - this tends to nail all the numbers. Just normal amounts of meat and veggies is all that’s required. No fear of butter, and again just normal amounts, just a tablespoon…

( Be suspicious of everything in a jar with a food label, the food industry is always sneaking in sugar and wheat … )

Just make sure you avoid sugar, bread, rice and pasta, nail the carbs, plenty of water and salt - and you should be totally OK.