Eating Out On A Budget by Zorn

(Thao Le) #102

@brenda, do you still have that picture of Mcdouble you posted on FB? It looked so good, can you post it here?

and cheaper! I was doing the same, but no more.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #104

@tle77070
I found one with pickles.
McDonald’s McDouble Quad, with pickles. 6 grams carbohydrate (from the 4 slices cheese which are 1.5 grams carbohydrate each), 67 grams protein, and 68 grams fat.

(Andrew Anderson) #105

With a little butter this could be the new McyD’s fast, way more fun than egg fasts!

(Thao Le) #106

lovely, thanks!!! look so yummy, missing your hand this time (with all of the charms) hahaha.

(Ren) #107

I had to travel for work yesterday so I didn’t pack my lunch. I also was limited on where I could eat because my boss had the car, and so I was relegated to walking distance food.

I walked around and found a Jimmy John’s. I ended up getting an the Vito “Unwich” double meat Salami only, add Jimmy Johns Mustard, add sprouts, no onions. It was a great keto meal with less than 6 carbs and it filled me up.

(Shawn Cochran) #108

I’ll 2nd Chipotle. You can also do In N Out burger and order protein style so they give you the meat in a lettuce wrap, just tell them to hold the sauce. Five guys is another choice but definitely more expensive than McD’s but I’ll pay for the difference. Subway is another great choice. Just get the chopped salad with avocado, olives and any other veggies. I usually get the club (Ham, roast beef, turkey) for the meat.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #109

(Thao Le) #110

Yup, that’s it!!! Thanks again for this lovely picture @brenda!!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #111

One more. Just for you :heart:

(Thao Le) #112

Heading to McD for dinner tonight! :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #113

BTW, just so you don’t have to do the math, the total macros for four plain McDoubles with only cheese is 68 grams fat, 68 grams protein and 6 grams carbohydrate in the cheese (4 slices, 1.5 grams carbohydrate each)
:zornface:

(Thao Le) #114

You got your macro down! Thanks, I’ll put that in MFP.

(James storie) #115

Yep, I normally get mine withe the onion, pickles, and mustard! Oh btw, I’m fasting again and you’re killing me! :smile:

(Steve) #116

Wholly Quad McDouble.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #117

Technically one was 67 grams and one was 68 grams for the fat and protein total, and I don’t remember which was which. I just round it all up.

(eschor) #118

off topic. sorry. just saw a fb post i think you made about the mcdonalds quad mcdouble. looked up nutritional info. 23 g protein per mcdouble. wondering. i know you lift heavy but what are your protein goals for a day? is the quad it for the day or …well, you get the idea. thanks

just read your thing. 68g protein for a mcdouble…so wow is that a ton of protein for a day…or am i off base?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #119

Protein is 68 grams TOTAL

These are the very small thin patties

How much protein do you eat per day @eschor Do you figure a certain goal of protein grams per pound of your LBM?
Do you add to that if you lift? Do you lift? I follow Steve Phinney’s recommendations for protein intake.
The “experts” vary from .5 to 2 grams per kg LBM. Actually that may be .3 to 2
There is a WIDE variance!

Who do you follow?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #120

Rechecking nutrition facts after 2+ years, and they have NOT changed.
Your calculation is incorrect @eschor

Remove everything but the meat and cheese and each McDouble is in fact 17 grams protein.

Use the McDonald’s nutrition calculator online. Be sure and take the time to REMOVE all items save the meat and cheese
. . . . .

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #121

Do you eat McDonald’s burgers @eschor???