Eating Out On A Budget by Zorn

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #82

Hey @ron-coleman.
Please explain your Dog/ketofest part under

your @ name ???

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #83

@brenda the dog part goes back to something my father told me years ago that a cat eats until it is full but a dog eats until it bursts! That reminded me of how I can mindlessly eat like a dog without regard to whether or not I am truly hungry!

It looks like I misspelled Ketofest as Ketofast! I will correct it!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #84

Freudian slip? I call it KetoFEAST, because I plan to!!!

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #85

I said Iā€™ll be a bar fly at the bacon bar! See you there!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #86

I may be the bouncer. Lol

(Cathy Schroder) #87

I stopped drinking Coke Zero when Adam Nally said that the Ace K sweetener spike insulin. I went back to Diet Coke. Big huge mistake. I have shocking withdrawals from that. In bed for two days with prescription painkillers to get off it. So Iā€™ve stopped all artificial sweeteners for a while. No more diet jelly!

Iā€™ve found that I can take the healthiest diet and make it as unhealthy as possible for me by pushing the boundaries!

Well, thatā€™s the risk we take with n=1 testing.

The important part is not to feel bad when evidence shows a negative outcome. All outcomes should be used to refine our decisions in the future.

So, in a way, bad results become good results. You know which way to go next time.

as in lapse back to Diet Coke? because it contains the exact same ingredients! Confused!

I would ideally come off all sweeteners but it is aspartame and aceK that really fuck me up. I am OK now but I do still get cravings for the damn stuff.

I am a boundaries person too. What you have to remember is that, even with those boundaries pushed, you will be eating way healthier than before. So, yes, rein yourself back in but donā€™t beat yourself up too much because you are still many steps forward from before. xxx

(Henna Selnes) #90

Our McDonaldā€™s is open and husband and I bought a bunch of double burgers, threw away the buns and sat out on the docks watching the boats. Best day of the spring so far. Well we bought this Coke Zero,omg!!! How can anyone drink that. It was so sweet and immediately I had thirst worse than I started. Glad I had packed water in the backpack. Never,NEVER again with that soda. Made me remember why I donā€™t drink it.

(Cathie Condon) #91

Chipotle in NYC is $12.00 - even without the rice and bean they offer nothing extra - except to remind me Guacamole is EXTRA - needless to say I do much better at 5 guys.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #92

WTAF??!!
I can get one for less than $7!

(James storie) #93

Youā€™re extremely lucky @Brenda! Iā€™m in NC and it cost me around $10 with the guacamole! But it is definitely worth it! Yum, barbacoa!

(David K) #94

Yep, my Chipotle trips are $10-$13 each.

(Eric Bryant) #95

I would just like to throw into the conversation that Wendyā€™s Baconator plain on lettuce is pretty freakin awesome! That is all. LOL

(Dustin Cade) #96

i went out to eat twice this weekendā€¦ cost me like a $1.50 as all i had was a glass of iced teaā€¦ added some saltā€¦ if i would have had just water with some salt it would not have cost me anything!!!

(Jennifer) #97

Hardeeā€™s has a 2/3 pound monster thick burger. 2 1/3 patties, 4 slices of bacon, cheese and mayo. They will gladly wrap it in lettuce. Freaken amazing.

2carbs, 51gms protein and 86gms fat.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #98

ME LIKEY

(Jennifer) #99

Right now they have a mushroom and swiss thickburger and a frisco melt (swiss, bacon, and tomatoes).

Hardeeā€™s also goes by Carlā€™s Jr in case anyone was curiousā€¦

(James storie) #100

This has been my meal on many occasions!

(Steve) #101

This is brilliantā€¦ Just had two and it was great. Never even thought about the cheese being in the middleā€¦
Typically, I have done double quarter pounders with cheese (no Ketchup), but this is an easy alternative as well.
Thanks @Brenda