Eating out NSV

I have to eat out often for work. Sometimes breakfast but mostly lunch. I have always had a problem either asking for a substitution (broccoli instead of fries) type of thing and find it even harder to say don’t bring me something, even if it is included in the meal. I mean, I paid for it right? So bring me what I am entitled to get, even if it is slowly killing me.

Well today I noticed that the last few times I have eaten out, I have gotten over this warped sense of thinking. I ate breakfast at IHOP this morning and I had absolutely no problem saying DO NOT bring me the hash browns, toast, and pancakes even though they are included with the meal. This might be minor to some but for me it is major progress and I just wanted to share. Thanks!

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #2

Congratulations on your success! I remember someone said to imagine you are deathly allergic to a food item and tell the servers what you want because you probably are allergic to those things!

I went through the same thing, the only problem I have now is that sometimes there are no good alternatives and I have to pay extra for what I want in place of the carby sides, which is usually… bacon! :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon:.

Turning down “free” food is tough. Good job!

I hear you Ron. I started thinking of fries as poison. I had to pay extra for the substituted sausage and avocado but I am now looking at it in a way that I save on medicals bills on the back-end. Thanks for the encouragement!

(eat more) #6

go you! :high five:

i went to a burger place and had a bun less cheeseburger…and one…pepperoncini :blush:

I get really cross when they insist on bringing stuff. I say look I am happy to still pay for it but what is the point of you wasting food sending it out for it to go back in again and in your bin? Just keep it and make a bit of extra profit FFS.

(Michelle) #8

This is great!! I have no problem asking for modifications. My boyfriend thinks they will spit in my food, but he’s just being silly.

I have no problem though if they bring extras like toast or fries. I look at that now like poison and it’s not tempting at all.

Often times when I say “no fries” or whatever, they’ll ask if I want salad instead. They seem to feel guilty bringing the meal out with half of it missing, even if I’m perfectly happy with it!