Eating only fat lbs loss?

(Nat) #1

Hey :slight_smile: im not a newbie i am doing keto since two years and living kinda carnivorish now Since January only animal products
I am only eating liver, salmon, Kerrygold butter and bone marrow, Drinking Black coffee, electrolytes (water with Himalaya salt keeps my craving away) my carbohydrate is raw honey only (only 2g for one portion it doesn’t throw me out of Ketosis) and from time to time I am eating chocolate with sugar and it also doesn’t throw me out of Ketosis
I can eat up to 60 g of carbs a day and still be in Ketosis

I am eating 50g of liver everyday and then I am just doing kinda freestyle thing haha
The thing is i am worrying about my lean body mass
Since my protein level is only 20g a day I am just curious if I will have negative impacts? I am eating much fat though (butter) I just feel wayyyy better eating like this, no brain fog nothing
Before I tried eating 60g/90g/120g of protein and i was always ravenous hungry
When I am eating only like 20g / 30g I clearly forget to eat
I am just eating because I am enjoying it like a piece of butter with honey and coffee I love it

Will I have negative impacts ? I mean nutrition wise i am eating liver and salmon so Vitamines are all in

Everyone needs way more protein than that. Yes, it will cause problems, obviously. Muscle loss and if someone is stubborn enough, death, it’s quite inevitable as our body needs protein for its processes and we can’t make protein from fat or carbs.
It’s possible to live on little protein, not everyone must eat very much, some people feels better with little - but that little is still way more than 20-30 grams per day.

(Nat) #3

Thank you for your answer!

How much would I need? I am a woman 5‘9 tall and weighing 141 pounds and 28 years old.
And I am convinced that I need far more fat than protein.
So how much minimum grams of protein woumd be enough?

Of COURSE it will! That is NOT enough protein to sustain anything. Eating butter isn’t doing anything for you. Blindly eating fat is not the same as eating nutritionally complete fatty meals. What’s you’re doing is basically what Keto gets made fun of for all the time. Tons of fat, barely any nutrition. You need to start tracking all your intake so you can see what you’re actually consuming both macro and micro nutrients wise.

(Nat) #5

Since I am eating liver I get all nutrients in I already tracked the micros.
It’s only the protein gram content that’s really bad
But I am just disgusted of that much protein I don’t know
Maybe I incorporate eating some eggs to salmon and liver.
Would 55g be enough protein?

(Nat) #6

But other question, if someone is doing omad and doesn’t track calories
They also get not that much protein. So what’s the bad point in eating like I do?

(Pete A) #7

Are the 60 grams carbs from the sugar milk chocolate and honey? Why wouldn’t you have the 100% Cacao? I personally wouldn’t go near honey… great if it works for you.

If you’re Keto 2 years how many pounds of fat do you have to lose now? I would be concerned about losing lean body tissue and winding up all skinny fat!

Good luck.

(Nat) #8

I am not always reaching the 60g of carbs it’s only I tried out how high I could go until being throwed out
But in generell I am eating between 30-40g carbs and yes only sugar from chocolate and honey.
So you would say honey is a poorer choice than the sugar from chocolate as a carb source?

I want to loose 15 lbs of fat and that’s it no more! I also tried working out at the gym and had been doing it for two years straight but gave it up this year because I feel better without it since gym increased my hunger a lot more than I actually burned
I am doing body weight workouts two times a week for 30 min

(Pete A) #9

I dont eat much sugar. I’m carnivore except daily coconut oil, and somewhat regularly 100% cacao. I feel after almost 3 years of low carb my tastes have come to enjoy and appreciate the pure chocolate.

Why only honey and chocolate for so many carbs?

That’s still a respectable gym routine (I think), and I also think its extra hard to lose the last bit of fat without the recommended protein for an active person. You will lose lean body mass at some point in there if you dont build it.

Why lose that and still have fat/extra loose skin to lose and firm up? Theres still some there all over your body!

I’d think not, do you know what your muscle mass is? Do you work out?

(Ron) #11

Macros on 50g liver is not enough nutrients.
liver%201 liver%202

(Bunny) #12

Really? 50 grams of liver everyday? Sounds extremely dangerous, if your bones start breaking apart at the slightest physical encounter; you will know why? That should be 50 grams a week?

In the case you did not make a mistake or typo error I would get to an emergency room pronto if I were you? I would have my liver checked for extreme damage?

Boy Ate 150 Gummy Vitamins And This Is What Happened To His Bones and then he died. TJ is a 14 year old boy who was taken to the emergency room with excessive urination, vomiting, muscle weakness, stomach pain, and a broken arm. …Everyday, he would eat 30-40 pieces of these candies which were actually vitamins; high in Vitamin A.

(Nat) #13

Thanks for the answers!

So if I reduce my liver amount to 10g a day that would be fine right?
Also I don’t Know what my muscle mass is but I would say I look kinda athletic.
Like I said I don’t workout I am doing home workouts only 2x a week for 30 min

The thing is to loose weight you have to be in a calorie deficit
Since I am not tracking anything as I don’t want to I know that I just have to eat when hungry
And I am not hungry whatsoever I could easy go the whole day without food and drink only Two cups of Coffee with a fat bomb as a snack
I think it’s just the easiest way to loose instead of tracking everything and getting obsessed with food I think I would constantly think about my next meal

(Bunny) #14

Get to an emergency room whoever you are and make sure your liver is functioning properly? And let your doctor know your eating 50 grams a liver a day or even 10 grams a day as you say?

(Nat) #15

I do blood tests regularly actually and did one last week so nothing was bad only the high cholesterol but that’s because of the whole fat and not a bad thing

(Bunny) #16

Only problem, it is not as simple as a routine. blood test, you could have serious liver damage and not even know it?

How long have you been eating 50 grams of liver a day?

(Nat) #17

Since March and before I ate some liver here and there
What could be signs for liver damage? I don’t feel sick

(Bunny) #18

If I were to eat 50 grams of liver a day for three months I would be dead.

(Nat) #19

I don’t know what to say :smiley: I mean I am alive and don’t feel bad or so
I will reduce it to 10g though just to be sure I think
But when I google other carnivores they recommend 200-400g of liver a week
So with my 50g a day I wasn’t to high apart from that

(Bunny) #20

Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin and collects in the liver rapidly and once you reach intoxicating levels your bones turn into mush, literally it liquifies you’re bones?

If you accidentally bang your arm on something and feel broken bones, you now know why?

Also hairline fractures extending out into the entire bone.