Eating only fat lbs loss?

(Kristen Ann) #21

I would research vitamin A toxicity levels and symptoms before freaking out and going to the hospital. I think you’d need to be consuming >150,000 IU daily for extended periods of time before reaching toxic levels. I don’t know how much was in the gummy bear example. Plus children probably have a lower toxicity threshold.

I would increase your protein. I think the bare minimum protein level requirement for even petite females is 55 g daily, but others on here know more about this subject than me. There are days that I eat way below my min daily protein requirement but I will make up for it the following days (so I worry more about the weekly average than the daily amount).

There are various opinions of it and personal differences too. I agree with a quite common 1-2g/kg protein intake (lean bodyweight), that sounds quite good but it’s not certain that a little less will cause muscle loss. But I like to be safe and I think we should have ideal protein intake, not the barely minimum our body is somehow able to maintain its muscle mass…
If you don’t feel well with “much” protein, I would raise my protein intake and stop when I feel it’s problematic in your stead.
55g, you say? Well, it’s a nice start, it may be enough, it’s not so easy to say. Some people are fine with this much and not so much with more…

You are very mistaken if you think eating 100+ protein in one sitting is something I have trouble with… Tracking or not. And of course, many people are like this.
OMAD simply means we eat once a day. It doesn’t necessarily mean we don’t eat thousands of calories and lots of protein… If someone can’t eat a big enough meal (it’s quite common), they shouldn’t do OMAD.
Too little protein on OMAD is bad too, of course. Our body must get it. Fasting is a bit different but they have limits, obviously. We can’t fast almost all the time without very bad consequences. Protein is vital.

(Linda ) #23

Some times my one meal per day is kind of that low if I’m doing 5 2 fasting with having to keep calories under 500 but thats followed by a day of like 97 grams when my actual goal is 75…

So I can’t imagine unless the one meal per day is part of a fast regime its ever going to be that low for me thats 2 bacon 2 eggs…
You should push your min prob at least to 60 grams min …but even then you need to be monitored for your protein lvls…

(Bunny) #24

Hypervitaminosis A:

Symptoms of acute vitamin A toxicity include:

Symptoms of chronic vitamin A toxicity include:

(Vic) #25

This is interesting, I am a male right now at 290, when I started 350 early on I had been told when I had 125 grams protein in a day that I needed to lower that and have more fats As this is a high fat diet not a high protein diet that proteins have an effect 50% of sugar and should be limited

I do try and consciously do that at least I did, My habits have changed to where I sometimes am below 100 grams though sometimes I am much higher

I don’t believe the high protein has ever had a negative effect on weight loss or well being not even my Glucose seems to be effected

Now my wife just started this woe and she is 170 I had previously told her she should probably be around 60 grams based on what I was told and being male and higher wight naturally should be less then me

Now I wondering was that erroneous keto advice and maybe I should be having more proteins and same for my wife

(Ron) #26

Lots of information if you use the search on this forum about protein.
https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/how-much-protein-is-excessive/

Years ago I got that wrong info about protein myself… Fortunately I can’t help eating much protein… Protein can be converted into glucose but it’s on demand, it won’t happen just because we eat much of it.

Keto is very low-carb diet, that’s it. I don’t consider very unnecessarily high protein good at all but I can’t see somewhat high-protein a problem if it feels right and we notice nothing bad. Maybe wasteful but sometimes it’s kind of impossible to avoid (or possible but that approach gives worse results). A super fatty diet may be uncomfortable and hard to pull off ven for someone who is used to way more fat than what they can afford on keto. Skipping carbs changes things and not everyone of us can just add pure fat without difficulties. And these things are important if we want to stick to our new woe. It shouldn’t be too hard, at least for some of us… There are things worth some difficulties but useless sacrifice, I hate them. And I never noticed much protein would be a problem for me. I like experiment, no one can tell us what we need. There are guidelines for the protein intake but 60g for a woman at 170lbs and not more, it sounds unnecessary for me, in general, at least. My vague goal is 80-90g, I am a short woman below 160lbs but if I have 120 or 160 now and then, that’s fine too. The latter doesn’t happen often anyway and a single day matters little.
If someone needs to go lower, maybe way lower, that’s an individual thing, not a general rule. Or if someone is against even a tad unnecessarily high protein and can do adequate protein, it’s up to them. But many people eat way more protein than me without a problem and not only big, muscular men. We should figure out what works best for us. VERY high is bad, very little is bad but we can’t say a single number or a tight range that this is the right amount.

(Vic) #28

I was more and more thinking that But was unsure if I was heading into trouble

Now I can have those crab legs with seabass dinner tonight without feeling guilty