Eating meat?!? Are they dumb bunnies?

(Todd Allen) #1

Scavenging By Snowshoe Hares (Lepus americanus) In Yukon, Canada

Although it is difficult to relate estimates of scavenging frequency to any measure of ecological importance or mechanism, these observations at least demonstrate that the behaviour is a regular occurrence for hares, and individuals will consume carrion from a variety of different species.

(less is more, more or less) #2

Just wait until they find “Beyond Carrion”

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3

Squirrels will eat baby birds and each other when times are tough. I think they’d be dumb bunnies if they just sat there until Spring and died of starvation. Although bunnies eating meat does rock my brain a bit.

(Todd Allen) #4

My first thought was of this horrific scene.

(Running from stupidity) #5

“I soiled my armour I was so scared! Manky Scots git.”

(Carl Keller) #6

This is the second time I’ve heard of bunnies eating meat. The first time was when I came across @atomicspacebunny and that’s no dumb bunny. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Bunny) #7

And delicious bird feathers too, bunnies need keratin!:rabbit:

(Todd Allen) #9

Even atomic ones?

Out on a walk my dog scared a fat rabbit to jump into the path of a speeding SUV. I took it home and cooked it up, the first time we ate road kill. And now to learn rabbits are scavengers too. We’re all interconnected in a wonderful circle of life. Ashes to ashes and dust to bunnies.

(Bunny) #10

Road kill critters is the best grub that can be scrounged up for dimmer…lol

(Doug) #11

I have a few co-workers who might qualify - they’re certainly not too bright. :smile:

This is funny:

(Bunny) #12

Puts a whole new meaning to eating-in and take-out? At least that squirrel got a bowl to go! :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl::joy::rofl: