Eating carbs after two months on keto

(Chris M) #1

So, I just started working at a fast food/pizza place on campus. Everything is great except… Today I had to try all the food we sell so that I would know what I’m serving our customers :'D so a mountain of different pizzas, five flavours of soft serve ice-cream, etc. Everything full of sugar and carbs, of course.
And now my heart is pounding like crazy and I honestly feel like crap :'D. Thank the maker this was only a one-day thing!
What about you? How did you react when/if you had a lot of carbs at once after not eating any?

(TJ Borden) #2

Sounds about right. Don’t sweat it. Just eat plenty of bacon and eggs tomorrow and you’ll be fine

That was a defining moment for me. Mine wasn’t one day. Mine was one month and started with one scone. I hit a bottom that was surprising to me. My body ached all over. I developed a depression so deep and dark it took my breath away. I couldn’t sleep. My body couldn’t regulate temperature. I gained back fat. I thought “how long will this go on, how painful will it need to be?” I fasted for 48 hours and it all turned around…in 48 hours.
I agree with @Baytowvin. Don’t sweat it. But I would add, don’t make it a 2,3,4,5…day thing!

(John) #4

That sounds rough.Must have been more then just one scone I take it

Oh Yes, one scone every Thursday. One panini every Tuesday then Wednesday, then…with homemade chips then potatoe salad then found myself in “a trance” so to speak or “asleep at the wheel” of my life. No it definitely wasn’t one day or one scone. It wasn’t @Chrisos experience. I want to be a caution because Chris is working in a carb heavy place and I want to mention how difficult it was for me to be calm and keto on:) And, the effects of carbs, and the relief fasting brought me.

If it makes you feel better I essentially work in a bulk food candy store (amongst other things). There’s a great thread called “what did you NOT eat today”; anytime you feel the need to eat the work goodies, just remember to post there instead and we will all celebrate!

(Troy) #7

Oh wow😳
Keto or Not
That is , to me, really cool!
Please share more😂

Just had my ACV cocktail…Sigh
But Candy😩

I can just imagine and lullaby myself to sleep I guess😓

“Come with me and you’ll be. In a world of pure imagination. Take a look and you’ll see.Into your imagination”

(Chris) #8

Kinda goes with the job, unfortunately. Is there actually a requirement to swallow?

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #9

I find all the places that hurt pre-weight loss still hurt now, if I consume a large amount of carbs. Heel pain, back, shoulder. All back. And reflux too. Also skin temp rises. I feel systemic irritation. Takes about 150g of carbs, so I think I’m gonna be under that for life.

I’ll take “jobs that don’t provide tax documents” for 1000 please Alex.

Went to a movie with my wife and had pre-determined that I was going to eat all the “butter” popcorn that I desired, and had done OMAD the day before in preparation. It was just “ok”. My wife (non-keto) agreed so I’m not sure if it was a reshaped palate on my part or just sub-par product.

Anyway, got home and a couple hours later I was laying on the couch enjoying a keto dessert and all of a sudden I got the worst nausea. I can’t even remember the last time I threw up but that night I spent 30mins over the course of 5-6 trips going to the toilet thinking I was going to lose it. I never actually threw up but it was a miserable feeling. I drank a lot of water, a carbonated sparkling water, took two alka-seltzers and finally made it to bed. Wifey had no problems so I think it must have been a keto-induced reaction to the carb overload.

(Chris) #12

Or then there’s also Nevada (If I take your meaning correctly) :kiss:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #13

Yes, I’ll say it: If you swallow, you get a bit more protein . . . :rofl:

(Chris) #14

…nothing can stop the GAINZ TRAIN

(TJ Borden) #15

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I’m glad someone went there, because that’s all I could think.

How are you feeling today? I wonder if “going off the rails” easier to recover from the longer you are fat adapted.